We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hideaway Resort - no longer Rydges

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hideaway Resort - no longer Rydges

I have just discovered by going to Rydges site that Hideaway is no longer part of Rydges group!

I have got a phone number so will try ringing that tonight to find out what is happening.

I did email Kerry (manager) yesterday to modify our booking but as the email address is reservations_rydges@rydges.com

I am wondering if they will receive it.

I also wonder about the 20% discount on food and drink using the Rydges card, that 20% certainly makes a big difference to the end bill, especially as all their bar and menu prices do not include the 17.5% tax, so in fact you are only getting 2.5% on the listed price.

Anyone who knows what is happening please post a reply.

If I find anything else out I will post here.

Mari

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hideaway Resort - no longer Rydges

I googled and found their new site http://www.hideawayfiji.com/ which is under construction and have emailed the address there.

Mari

Fiji
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hideaway Resort - no longer Rydges

I can't say that I'm surprised. I stayed at the Hideaway a few months ago, and there was nothing "Rydges" about it except for the fact that you got 20% off everything. I'm guessing that the owners saw the same thing and thought there was no point! The hotel is run very well and has its own little charms that make it unique.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hideaway Resort - no longer Rydges

Islanda,

I totally agree with its charm which is why we are returing. The owners, Fijian Teachers Union were the ones who appointed Rydges management in the first place.

I just thought that with a cofirmed booking through Rydges that they might have notified us of the change and any consequences.

We are booked on a Stay 2 get 50% discount. They were alo offering this thro wotif.com but that has disappeared which is what made me check the Rydges site.

Well will wait and see what eventuates.

Mari

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hideaway Resort - no longer Rydges

It is now known as Fiji Hideaway Resort and Spa. I t has a new manager and Kerry is no longer there.

Rydges had been put on as the managers under the condition that they renovated rooms, pool area etc. And since none of this was done...apart from a couple of rooms, they parted ways.

As Marijka said their new website is still under construction, but it does look good. I think the new website makes the resort look alot more inviting! And since my fiance is on the front page that just makes it look all the better...lol!!

There will be no changes to staffing, all the friendly regular staff will remain.

The only thing I can suggest is to maybe email the reservation link on the new web site. I dont believe there will be any trouble with bookings already made via Rydges.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hideaway Resort - no longer Rydges

I rang tonight and ended up talking to Randi, at guest relations. Would you believe she remember us from last year, well I guess my husband is pretty unforgettable with a name like Shrek not to mention our first night there last year she got woken up cos our phone would not stop ringing.

She reassured me that our booking through Rydges would be honoured at the same price etc. and because we had booked thought Rydges we could also use the card for the 20% discount on food and drinks.

I suggest that anyone who has already booked and has questions email

guestrelations@hideaway.com.fj I think you will get a quicker response.

Kirjobat - is your finance the one in the black/white striped bikini??? and btw they did renovate some bures, I know cos they did the oceanview one next to us - we had workman there all day for the 8 days we were there, no privacy at all.

Can't wait to get back.

Mari

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hideaway Resort - no longer Rydges

Hi Mari,

Can't be long now before you are off on that wonderful cruise for the big birthday and the anniversay. Are you counting down the days yet?

Sure you will have a fantastic time, and great that Hideaway will honour the bookings via Rydges and the discounts.

best wishes and have a wonderful holiday and celebration.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hideaway Resort - no longer Rydges

Hi lifetraveller

I did start counting but that also means counting days left a work so I stopped.

Thanks for the good wishes, have pm'd you

Mari

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hideaway Resort - no longer Rydges

Marijka,

My fiance is the Fijian in the top right corner with the boy on his back, and also in the pool at the back, and bottom right walking along the beach with the 2 kids.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hideaway Resort - no longer Rydges

Lucky, lucky girl, sorry didn't realise you were female thought it was him posting !

So you are engaged to George?? Your photo is so small I didn't recognise him. I have lots of photos of him too lolol.

Tell him Shrek is coming back on October 24th and looking forward to playing volleyball everyday, not sure if he will join in the torch lighting this time as the grass skirt may longer fit him.

Seriously we can't wait to get back.

Mari

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hideaway Resort - no longer Rydges

Yes George is my fiancé! And yes I am very lucky!

I am going over on Sunday night for 2 weeks so will be sure to pass on message. Although we are staying at Naviti this time, george will be back at work on the following week. I fly home on the 24th :(