We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for something unique

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
looking for something unique

I hoping someone can give me some input into which resorts we should look at. My parents and me and my brother (both in our 20s) will be in new zealand for the rugby world cup next year and want to end our holiday with a bit of relaxing beach time. All the resorts I've seen is either for couples or families with small kids, is there anything available that is a bit more inbetween the two? How is Shangri La? We will be there for 5nights and are looking for a resort that offers a bit of fijian culture as well as great beaches and snorkeling. The idea is really to do as little as possible for those few day before heading back to the office. (-:

Thanks!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for something unique

Hi, the Shangri La is really popular with families- if u want to stay on the coral coast, what about the Intercontinental at Natadola beach or Rydges Hideaway , about another hour away, which is smaller. The Beddara also receives good reviews. If u want great beaches, head out to the islands rather than the mainland; Mana island, Castaway, Musket Cove, Plantation, Treasure etc. These resorts are not far from Nadi, around 1 hour or so by launch.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for something unique

As Blaze has said, the Shangri La is very popular with families so is always swarming with kids.

If you are looking for great beaches and snorkelling you have to go to the islands. Mana is my favourite. There is also Treasure, Malolo or Castaway.

Nola :)

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for something unique

For a bit of Fijian culture you can't go past Botaira Beach Resort. Owned and run by Fijians and staffed by locals from the village. Beachfront bures and fantastic reef for snorkeling right out front. Something different from the western style 'Fijian' resorts. Good food, comfortable large bures and fantastic staff, gorgeous beach. Beachfront bures are the way to go. Go to their website for special deals quoted in Fiji dollars so great savings.

Edited: 04 November 2010, 00:24
4. Re: looking for something unique

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2011, 05:18