We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Advice

Hi all,

My family is going to Fiji for 8 days at the end of January. The boys are 19 and 17 and are happy to laze a day away but will be looking for activities to keep them occupied. We are intending to stay the first four days at the Radisson Resort Fiji Denarau Island and then spend 4 days on an island - was looking at the Blue lagoon resort or the Malolo island resort but would take advice on any others to look at. Not keen on 4 hour boat trips as I get sea-sick!

As I said, would appreciate any help/advice people would be willing to supply.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice

Have a look at Castaway Island Resort or Malolo Island Resort, or perhaps Mana Island in the Mamanuca's, the Yasawa Islands are further away and a much longer boat trip.

And also check the reviews on the islands, and private message some of the reviewers especially those who have a number of contributions/posts for more inofrmation.

Another hint is to private message a Destination Expert for some great advice.

hope this helps.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice

Navini Island might suit as well, it's a small resort and they have their own 24/7 boat transfers and it is very close to the mainland, so not long on the water for you --- bures can be configured to suit a family and their rate includes different excursions each day which might keep everyone happy.

Also the snorkelling off the beach is supposed to be fantastic -- lots of big fish. I havn't been there, but from talking to Hooked On Fiji (this is her favourite island),,, I can't wait to go there and hopefully that will happen for my trip next year.

Have a look at their reviews and photos.

Another resort that might suit is Octopus -- a lot bigger than Navini. Boat trip isn't bad at all (I was also concerned), pay the little bit extra and go in the Captains Lounge which has air con and free drinks and snacks. Octopus is in the southern Yasawas Islands and I think is only about a 2.5 hour trip or less (other experts will confirm this for you), but they also have their own boat. PM Tai Marilyn and ask if you are interested.

Hope you have a great holiday.

Edited: 12 November 2010, 10:15
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice

Thank you for the advice - have decided on Navini - appreciate your comments very much

4. Re: Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2011, 05:17