We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiji Wedding - Boat Charter??

Auckland
Level Contributor
28 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Fiji Wedding - Boat Charter??

Has anyone had a Fijian wedding on board a boat charter or been to a wedding in Fiji that was held on board a boat? My daughter is very keen to get married in Fiji in 2012 and we are heading up there at the end of this week to have a look around some of the resorts, but the idea of having a wedding on a boat at sunset also really appeals, but I can find any current information except that Blue Lagoon cruises have a wedding package, but you have to do a cruise with them.

Currently she is considering a Coral Coast venue, or something in around Nadi so a boat cruise/wedding out of either of these locations would be considered.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiji Wedding - Boat Charter??

Try a look at:

www.tuitai.com

or

www.paradiseadventures.com.au/fiji.htm

They look like they may be able to put together something.

Hope that helps a little...

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiji Wedding - Boat Charter??

I don't feel that the Tui Tai adventure would suit if you want something from around the Nadi area. It sails around Vanua Levi and Tavenuni, a long long way from Nadi and it's quite expensive.

Probably need a charter boat from Denarau Marina, and suggest you have a look there when you head up to Fiji.

Boats like the Whales Tale or Storcks cruises, both depart at Denarau marina.

http://www.storckcruises.com/

www.whalestale.com.fj

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiji Wedding - Boat Charter??

Just a thought, and not sure if it would be suitable for a wedding,,,, but remember when we were going to have our TA Meet & Greet and one suggestion was that we all got an "evening boat" from Denarau to First Landing Resort for dinner ...... maybe someone else knows the details ??

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiji Wedding - Boat Charter??

Yes that's the sunset cruise from Denarau to First Landing on the Volante,Bay Sydney.

I do know that Storcks do charter cruises,as per my post above and so does "Take a Break" from Musket Cove Resort The number of people will make a difference to the charter they need.

How many people are going on the boat z1bby?

Edited: 15 November 2010, 07:41
Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiji Wedding - Boat Charter??

I found a boat which does sunset cruises. They do special events also

it's on the "MV City of Nadi"

www.captaincook.com.au/home.asp…

hope this helps

Edited: 15 November 2010, 08:02
Auckland
Level Contributor
28 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiji Wedding - Boat Charter??

Thanks, I've seen the paradise adventures web site and it's pretty awful and looks like Blue Lagoon is the only thing on offer. Don't think Tuitai will fit the bill, but thanks anyway.

Will def look at Storcks and Captain Cook. Not sure of numbers yet, daughter will need to do some sums and work out how many guest they can afford!

Edited: 15 November 2010, 22:49
7. Re: Fiji Wedding - Boat Charter??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2011, 06:32