We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bedarra Beach Inn/ Coral Coast review

sydney
Level Contributor
422 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bedarra Beach Inn/ Coral Coast review

Another case of lack of research. As the Outrigger is next door, shares the same beach and is "isolated" you wouldn't stay there either. TV in Fiji is not an activity. Obviously a different Bedarra to the one we stayed at, not a word about the fabulous staff, meal & ambiance. A shame they had such an unpleasant experience, but this is what TA & websites are for, research.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bedarra Beach Inn/ Coral Coast review

Did this person stay at the same Bedarra Beach Inn that I did? I 'm amazed at their horror of being charged extra for a deluxe room after booking a standard - was there an expectation of free upgrading a la Hilton or Hyatt? I notice it is their one and only contribution to TA which raises the question whether this reviewer is a troll or, at the least, never worked out what they wanted to do on their holiday and chose a hotel to match their interests. Geez, go to Disneyland next time.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bedarra Beach Inn/ Coral Coast review

They probably bought a cheap holiday deal advertised by the Flight Centre and others.

I saw one for a week at around $700 a few weeks ago(airfares, accomm tfrs etc included) , and all of the so called "cheap deals" are for the cheapest rooms in the resort which they have trouble selling.

Same old same old! you get what you pay for. But they couldn't have done any research on TA before they went, as there's many cheap things to do...just look at "Birchadventures" list for the Coral Coast.

Isolated....lol? they mustn't have walked out of their door.....

Edited: 29 November 2010, 08:12
S.E.QLD
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bedarra Beach Inn/ Coral Coast review

Crikey!!! Some dastardly villian must have stolen the beach!!!!!

It was there the last time we stayed........and the time before.

You just can't trust anyone these days!

Note to self.....contact Bedarra before booking next time to see if beach has been returned....Ah...wot tha, I'll go next door and use the Outriggers, but I'll be back to Bedarra for tucker-time!

Ausbro

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bedarra Beach Inn/ Coral Coast review

Ausbro, you are very funny

sydney
Level Contributor
422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bedarra Beach Inn/ Coral Coast review

Each to their own, but I like nothing to do (forced to read a book, bliss!). We spent 6 days exhausted from nothing to do; snorkelling, swimming,kayaking, beach walks,Kula Park (which you can walk to), waterfall, Sigatoka markets, catching local buses, visiting a couple of other resorts (research), despite a small pool our kids were never bored for a minute. Did I mention eating, the dining experience at night was a highlight. And it's a shame all the attractions in Fiji are so spread out and not put in one spot walking distance from the hotel.

And that sneaky beach, you know, the one that runs all around the Coral Coast. I hope they get it back!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bedarra Beach Inn/ Coral Coast review

We visited Bedarra twice during our recent trip to Fiji.

We were very impressed by the value for money it offered, and tossing up whether to stay there next time we visit Fiji. Problem is we are hooked on Hideaway. Having said that now they are no longer Rydges their price has doubled which makes Bedarra a very attractive alternative.

It actually is in a great position, opposite the beach, next to Outrigger if you want to pay upmarket prices, has a few resturants close by, which is more than you can say for other Coral Coast resorts, a local bus ride or cheap taxi to Sigatoka.

All in all Bedarra has a lot going for it. It does't pretend to be a Denarau type resort, and it doesn't charge their prices.

On our trip, 1 night in Lautoka, 7 day Blue Lagoon Cruise, 6 nights at Hideaway, 3 nights at Novotel Nadi I read 3 books - luxury, I never get to read at home.

Not having actually stayed at Bedarra I resisted the urge to message the reviewer to ask where they actually stayed and if they were blindfolded and unable to see the beach.

Oh one thing no one has mentioned about "Sunset strip" the guy who sets up the one man shell market. I managed to find a particular necklace there which was hugely expensive at 7FJD, I was replacing one I bought at Shangrila shell market 22 years ago for 20FJD - maybe I was ripped off at Sunset Strip??? lololol

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bedarra Beach Inn/ Coral Coast review

I read all the reviews for Bedarra since I hope to stay with them at some point but I simply don't understand this one. I'm not sure they understood very much about where they were going, neither the accommodation nor Fiji itself.

Ausbro - you're too funny! Sneaky damn beach!!

Tetibird - I was reading back over some of the earlier reviews (had to reassure myself that there is in fact a beach as per the pics provided along with many of the reviews) and I'd like to say how good yours was. I really enjoyed reading it.

sydney
Level Contributor
422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bedarra Beach Inn/ Coral Coast review

Thanks Dianz.

The management have responded really well to the complaints I think and have perhaps shone some light on the situation, at least they're not a troll.

Humour aside, I was really annoyed by the comments and hope people looking at the reviews will see them for what they are (considering all the positive reviews). It really is an excellent establishment, deserves its hard earned reputation and its staff our gratitude for making it a wonderful Fijian experience.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bedarra Beach Inn/ Coral Coast review

Well said everyone.

Bedarra is a great resort and Sunset strip is a fabulous spot.

Rusila's Beach Hair braiding is a bargin and I just love Le Cafe.

Keep doing what you do Bedarra,, We love you :-)

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bedarra Beach Inn/ Coral Coast review

agree with all- really like sunset strip and le cafe too. Have stayed at Crows Nest and Outrigger and look forward to staying at Bedarra at some stage.