We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiji Weather in March

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Fiji Weather in March

I am trying to plan my honeymoon and my wife really likes the idea of going to Fiji. How's the weather there in March? Planning to go March 14-19. I read somewhere from a post in 2007 that it's extremely hot there and that it's so hot its tough to sun bathe at 8 am. Is this correct? Will the weather be extreme to the point we won't enjoy it?

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
548 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiji Weather in March

The most humid months are Dec, Jan & Feb, yes it will be hot in March but not unbearably so. Would recommend not being out in the sun between 11-2 which is the hotest (and most burning) time of the day.

March is still within the cyclone (hurracaine)season, so make sure you have travel insurance just in case the worst should happen.

I hope this hasn't put you off choosing fiji for you honeymoon as there are some amazing places to stay.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiji Weather in March

Have been to Fiji twice in March, once to the island and once to the Coral Coast. The island are much cooler than the mainland.

Yes it is hot and humid, but not unbearable and nothing a swim or a cool cocktail won't fix :).

Just remember to take heaps of sunscreen with you and keep applying it throughout the day. Also try and get out of the sun during the hottest time of the day.

As DoryBlue has said it will still be cyclone session, so travel insurance is a must. Personally I would never travel without it.

Nola:)

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiji Weather in March

I agree with DoryBlue and Nola :D

Its very humid in March, though not unbearable. Though in saying that, somewhere that offers A/C might be ideal for you if you arent used to the humid conditions. It really makes for a nice break from the heat and easier sleeping.

Make sure you apply plenty of suncreen to the backs of legs, arms and neck if you plan to spend alot of time in the water snorkeling. A rashie (swim vest?) over your swimmers is also a good idea.

Maree :D

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiji Weather in March

We first went to Fiji on March 18 1985 and arrived to the chaotic aftermath of a cyclone the previous evening. It is still hot and humid and weather can be unsettled. April onwards to late November you should be safe and the temps a tad cooler with less humidity. The islands are always better climate wise than the mainland with its mountains that seem to attract the rain.

5. Re: Fiji Weather in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2011, 06:16