We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiji Wedding

Airlie Beach...
1 post
Save Topic
Fiji Wedding

My partner and i are getting married in August in Fiji, with about 30 family & friends. I doubt that it's possible but we want the best but cheapest way to go for a beach wedding, on one of fiji's surrounding islandsif we can. We don't want accomodation just the transfers, ceremony, celebrant, drinks and food. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiji Wedding

Here's a link to weddings on Malolo lailai island which may help.

It's about a 45 minute trip from Denarau Marina to Malolo Lailai via the Malolo Cat, and there's lots of options, including 3 resorts on the island.

I would advise staying the night at a resort, as after all the food and drink you may find that guests may want to do this. There's houses on the island to rent so this could be a good option for you. If you want to know more happy to let you know. I've seen a few weddings on Malolo Lailai and were wonderful!

Congratulations on the forthcoming wedding.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g308256-i9807-k384…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g308256-i9807-k333…

Mentioned in this post
Malolo Island
Malolo Island
Mamanuca Islands, Fiji
Denarau Beach
Denarau Beach
299 Reviews
Viti Levu, Fiji
Malolo Lailai Island
Malolo Lailai Island
Mamanuca Islands, Fiji
Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiji Wedding

Treasure has good wedding packages too. We got married there 3 yrs ago.

Another alternative is the waterfalls on the mainland. They are supposed to be amazing. So this would mean no boat trasfers for your quests. Either the Naviti or the Warwick for accommodation are only a short drive away. And they usually have some great deals.

I am pretty sure Boro runs the weddings there as well as the waterfall tours. He can be can be contacted on

thewildboarfiji@yahoo.com

they are also on Facebook too I believe:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Korolevu-Fiji/TheWildBoarFiji/202614473574

Congratulations on your up and coming wedding.

Maree :D

Mentioned in this post
Naviti Resort
Naviti Resort
2,074 Reviews
Viti Levu, Fiji
The Warwick Fiji
The Warwick Fiji
2,936 Reviews
Viti Levu, Fiji
Korolevu
Korolevu
Viti Levu, Fiji
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiji Wedding

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. The following link has the requirements for getting married in Fiji. thought you might find it helpful.

www.fijiembassydc.com/default.asp…

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiji Wedding

Also I want to add....

When your new wife changes everything into her married name, she will need to do a 'change of name' through birth/deaths/marriages, as I quickly found out when trying to change mine over. Think it costs around $140ish to do and it needs to be witnessed by a JP.

The problem is, Australia 'recognises' your marriage here, but as its not 'registered' here, (and its only registered here, if you get married here, so you cant get a Australia wedding cert), you cant use your Fiji marriage cert to change important documents etc over into your married name if they are already in your maiden name. Phew! I hope that makes sense?? ;)

For example, our mortgage is in joint names, my part being my maiden name. To change it would have meant drawing up another mortgage!! I also had to provide my new 'change of name' cert just to change the name on my everyday banking account and credit cards.

Other things like licences, club cards, bills etc are fine , its mainly the banks that have issues - go figure!

Maree :D

Edited: 18 January 2011, 00:55
Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
5. Re: Fiji Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2012, 07:19