We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Photographer - Fiji

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Wedding Photographer - Fiji

My partner and I are getting married in Fiji and i am looking for a Wedding Photographer. I have look a couple and they seem really expensive! Can anyone recommend anyone?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
489 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Photographer - Fiji

We used Yoshi from Ocean Studios. http://www.oceanstudiofiji.or.tv/ and we are very happy with our pictures. To get an idea of his work and style, check out the “just married” section. He doesn’t come cheap, but things of good quality rarely do. Since no one was invited to our wedding, it was very important to us to have beautiful pictures to share with our family and friends.

Please private message me if you would like to see our wedding pictures, or if you have any other questions about our wedding experience in Fiji.

We found Fiji’s marriage laws to be very “foreigner friendly.” It really was so easy that I have been calling Fiji the “Las Vegas of the South Pacific” without the Elvis impersonator. :-) We had investigated a beach wedding in the Turks and Caicos, and it was so complicated and hard to get information that we almost gave up on the idea of a beach destination wedding altogether. I’m so glad we found Fiji.

Good luck with your plans.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Photographer - Fiji

If you haven't already done so, try contacting the resort you are staying at. Am sure they will be able to offer suggestions.

The following link has information on several photographers in Fiji.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k3183…

Hope this helps.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Photographer - Fiji

I second the vote for Yoshi. Professional and accommodating and fairly reasonable.

Have fun

Susi

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Photographer - Fiji

Im using SEM Photography for my wedding in July. They are on facebook under Fiji wedding photgraphy, if that helps? I have found them to be very good, and great value for money. It is costing me $1400 fj, for 4 hours inc. travel to coral coast, and that includes heaps of photos, and I get the cd of all of the phots after to do with what I like. It also includes certain amount of touched up photos.

He sends you a form to fill out with all your requirements, and if you want any particular shots.

Sydney
Level Contributor
16 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding Photographer - Fiji

We're also getting married in Fiji at the end of the year. Our wedding coordinator has also recommended Yoshi's services.

Fiji
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding Photographer - Fiji

Yoshi is very good. I think he charges around FJD$2000 for a basic package

Melbourne
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding Photographer - Fiji

Check out Finau Photography - google or via facebook. I'd highly recommend them.Good luck.

8. Re: Wedding Photographer - Fiji

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 13:08
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding Photographer - Fiji

A little misleading KristenHN0508. August t photography is located in Myrtle Beach Florida.

Couples are required to pay for flight, transportation, and accommodations for 7 days.

augusttmichelphotography.com/Other/Destinati…

Sounds like a great deal for anyone getting married around Myrtle Beach and surrounding area, definately not a bargain anyone getting married in Fiji.

Edited: 10 March 2011, 00:56
Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding Photographer - Fiji

Congrats and great pick on marrying in Fiji. We have just under 6 weeks to go and time is just flying by!

Initially we had no budget allocated for photography as we were going to use the photographer in the wedding package, but as I got more into the planning the pictures became more and more important to me, especially as I won't have any family there on the day.

I did heaps of research, LOTS of Googling and forum scouring, and came across this photographer who we feel so lucky to have been able to book:

http://maliajohnson.com/#/page/93ff/home/

Her images are so beautiful that we decided that we get what we pay for and the money we have saved by taking the wedding offshore we will allocate to the photography.

Dealing with Malia has been fantastic, as she is American (living in Nadi) there is no cultural or language barrier and she has been super responsive and patient with my many questions.

All the best!