We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA meet, greet & maybe even a drink or 2 in June....

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
TA meet, greet & maybe even a drink or 2 in June....

For anyone who will be around Nadi/Denarau in June, Lifetravellerbrissy & I (and an assortment of travel companions) are planning to catch up on Monday 13th June.

The plan is to get her too drunk to fly home so she can stay on a few more days...................................ok, not really..........

If anyone is interested in witnessing this spectacle, or just catching up for a friendly get together, just PM LTB or myself for more details.

Hope to see you there!

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TA meet, greet & maybe even a drink or 2 in June....

We leave on the 7th :(

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA meet, greet & maybe even a drink or 2 in June....

I so wish I could be there to help with your plan AnnieG --- sounds like a great time to be had by all !!

Cheers,

Julie.

PS Also, Congrats on your DE status for Port Villa.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TA meet, greet & maybe even a drink or 2 in June....

Yes, I'll be there!!!! :) :)

Oh tez, can't you change your departure date.....

And Julie, love to see you at the TA meet and greet, there's some cheap fares with PB at the moment very tempting.

What about Barb and E&C and Blaze?

And what happened to our private yacht we were all buying to do day trips from Sydney, and pick Beerwalk up on the way? And that includes manaregular, near Forster and Barb at Coffs.

Which beer would you like AnniG? Fiji Bitter? or perhaps I'll bring a Darwin Stubbie?

carters.com.au/index.cfm/…

Sounds like great fun, and love to have other TA members join us. I'll be drinking botttled water...rofl :)

LTB

Edited: 12 April 2011, 11:25
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TA meet, greet & maybe even a drink or 2 in June....

Sounds like so much fun. Wish we could join you, but returned from Navini recently. If we hit the lotto between now and then, will be there.

Have a toast to each one of us that weren't able to join you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TA meet, greet & maybe even a drink or 2 in June....

Tez, rats! LTB & I knew you'd be around in June & were hoping you'd still be there...

Thanks Julie-It will be great to meet LTB & I really wont make her miss her plane....but wont really mind too much if she does...

LTB..now, you know I like a drink... : ), but could you imagine how warm a Darwin Stubbie would be by the time you got to the last glass in Fiji!

I didnt realise they still made them, I remember someone giving my Dad one for Christmas many, many years ago!

E&C-hope you can win the lotto & be there-though apparently if you do win, you have to buy a yacht & transport everyone around.....hope you dont mind..

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TA meet, greet & maybe even a drink or 2 in June....

I'm counting down the weeks now.

Lol, Annie, I'm sure you can still buy Darwin Stubbies, all we need is an Esky/cooler to fit it into, so it can be cool.

Sure to toast all our TA friends E&C. Next year we'll all have to organise to be in Fiji around the same time.

If we all buy lotto tickets someone is sure to win and buy that yacht.

LTB

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,757 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TA meet, greet & maybe even a drink or 2 in June....

We leave on May 27th to come home from Fiji. Pity we didn't have more notice.

Hope you all have a great time.

Barb

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TA meet, greet & maybe even a drink or 2 in June....

Hey Barb - we get in on the 26th but will be getting whizzed straight off to Wananavu - like ships passing in the night.

Just got all my paperwork from the TA yesterday - still dubious about our 5 nights at Sonaisali but am being good and going with an open mind and determination to have fun as the resort is hubby's choice. At least he didn't pick one of the uber resorts :)

Now - tell me which islands we should pick for a daytrip??? Is it worth doing the Yasawa day trip or too far??

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,757 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TA meet, greet & maybe even a drink or 2 in June....

Hi tez823 it is a bit of a trip to the Yasawas but you can lunch at Octopus and it is probably the closest. I like the Castaway island one the best limited number of day trippers allowed so not too crowded. great resort and good snorkeling off the beach.

Barb

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TA meet, greet & maybe even a drink or 2 in June....

Apologies, Barb, guess it was a last minute decision to meet up.

Lucky you Tez, love to hear your view on Sonaisali.

We are staying in the Yasawas for a week and then another week on MLL,

before our meet up before the plane home that night....can't wait to meet up with AnniG and friends, and of course the relaxing holiday and exploring before that.

LTB