We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Namale or Qamea?

Sunnyvale
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Namale or Qamea?

I am trying to finalize my honeymoon in August and have narrowed it down to Namale or Qamea for the last week. What are the pros and cons of each? I know Namale's all-inclusive includes beverages, but we aren't big drinkers so that isn't a huge draw for us. I like the fact that all of Qamea's bures are oceanfront, but are Namale's a lot nicer? Thanks!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
945 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Namale or Qamea?

mcelligot,

Qamea has a better beach and the bures are larger. You also have access to Taveuni which has Bouma waterfall hike, lavena coastal walk, and the international dateline.

Namale has many more activities. Many of Namales bures are up on a cliff overlooking the ocean. You do usually have a path from your bure down to the water

Both resorts have good snorkeling, great food, and fun staff.

katt

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
539 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Namale or Qamea?

Namale is always featured as a luxury resort. It's been in Great Hotels and Resorts magazine and in Luxury Small Hotels. It rec'd the Best Spa in Fiji from the bureau of tourism and was featured in Architectural digest. I'd never heard of Qamea until I came to this forum. We've been to Namale and it's breathtaking. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Namale or Qamea?

We looked at both and decided on Qamea for the beachfront bure and the fact that it looked more like what we were looking for. We wanted someplace to relax, not bowl and do all the other stuff that's offered at Namale. It looked more laid back to us, but beautiful. Everything I've heard and read about it has been terrific. We'll be there in early June. Can't wait!

Fiji Islands
Level Contributor
693 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Namale or Qamea?

Qamea has a much better beach, and award winning snorkeling right out front. Qamea has a great spa as well. Namale is more renowned, due to Tony Robbins fame, but as far as total ambiance, I would have to givve my vote to Qamea. The fact that it is not as well known, is on its own private island, is what, to me, makes it more appealing.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
539 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Namale or Qamea?

Snorkeling off of Namale is fabulous. There is a beach, just not swimmable. To be honest, I had no idea Tony Robbins was associated w/ Namale until after my 2nd stay. I've spent some time on the Qamea website and I just can't imagine travelling all that way and spending all that money and have drywalled accomodations. Namale is such an island feel, it's very much what I envision a true South Pacific experience to be. Wooden walls, wood floors, luevered windows, soaring thatched roofs. You don't read much about people staying at Namale on many message boards.....maybe it's the price? Either way, I believe that it's heaven on earth! don't discount Namale just for a beach.....

Get answers to your questions about Fiji