We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My review of the Outrigger has been posted

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
750 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
My review of the Outrigger has been posted

Hi TA regulars, just letting you know my Outigger review has been posted. If you have a chance to read it let me know what you think!

ChelleL

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My review of the Outrigger has been posted

Enjoyed reading your review ChelleL and the Anzac Day Service etc would have been lovely to experience ~

Julie.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My review of the Outrigger has been posted

It's great to see that you had a lovely time there- I will have to decide whether to go later this year, (have vouchers for meals and a treatment at the spa). It's non transferable, so it's either use it or lose it!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
750 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My review of the Outrigger has been posted

Blaze, thanks. How did you end up with the vouchers and (if you dont mind me asking) how much were they for?

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My review of the Outrigger has been posted

Loved reading your review Chelle, and so pleased to hear they had an Anzac Day ceremony at Outrigger as someone asked that question on this forum not all that long ago.

Thankyou for sharing your holiday and great to know about Outrigger.

LTB

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My review of the Outrigger has been posted

Hi Chelle, i recd the vouchers out of the blue- for meals and drinks, it's credit to the value of FJD$300 and $200 for the bebe spa, minimum stay is 5 nights and it doesn't matter how I make the booking for accommodation.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,043 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My review of the Outrigger has been posted

Great review ChelleL although I note you didn't give it as good a rating as Shangrila - any particular reason? Blaze - you could have worse places to get freebies at! Book your 5 nights and then go somewhere else after if you want to.....

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My review of the Outrigger has been posted

Tez- u are right- enjoyed the outrigger (stayed once) but prefer smaller resorts. So 5 nights there and then go elsewhere- vouchers are valid until Xmas eve

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
750 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My review of the Outrigger has been posted

Tez, funny you noticed that, it is really hard not to compare these places! Loved the resort but main reasons for not such a high rating - one only pool, Sundowner Bar/Restaurant under (very noisy) renovations - it was all boarded up with white timber. The Sundowner is really the only food/drink outlet in the place with water views! So this was a bit of annoying. Also there were not many water actitivities available and those that were we based on the tides. The butler service was nice but not worth the $1K I paid for it!

I would go back although for the price I would go to Castaway instead!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
750 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My review of the Outrigger has been posted

PS to all, my profile picture is from Shangri La

10. Re: My review of the Outrigger has been posted

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 13:17