We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surf Luxury Honeymoon in June - Resort Suggestions?

Boulder, CO
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Surf Luxury Honeymoon in June - Resort Suggestions?

Hello! My fiance and I are planning a two week honeymoon to Fiji for June 2012. The goal of the trip for Matt is to surf every day if possible (intermediate to advanced waves), while I want to occasionally surf but mostly be pampered and be on a fabulous beach at a 4 or 5 star resort with great service. We are thinking about doing a 5 day charter on the Tui Tai charters finishing with 5 nights at the Qamea resort. Does anyone have other suggestions, or can anyone comment on the options we are considering? Thanks so much in advance!

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,432 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surf Luxury Honeymoon in June - Resort Suggestions?

The following link has information on surfing resorts in Fiji. Haven't stayed at them, so can offer no advice.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k3963…

You might read the reviews for Tui Tai and Qamea and private message posters with questions about surfing. Scubajo, a poster on this site, was married at Qamea a few years ago. Am sure will respond with information for you. You might also e-mail Qamea to see if they offer surfing.

Other resorts catering to couples are LikuLiku a favorite of BaySydney, a regular poster on this forum. It is the only resort in Fiji with over the water bures, Royal Davui, Matamanoa, and Matangi, (no surfing) our favorite resort in Fiji. Have been there four times.

Suggest you check out the websites for any resorts you are interest in, read the reviews, private message posters, and contact the resorts with questions you may have.

If you would like to see pictures of our vacations to Matangi, send me your e-mail address in a private message. They will give you a good idea of the beach, bures, snorkeling, pool, grounds, etc.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You could not have chosen a more romantic destination than Fiji for your honeymoon.

Hope this helps.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
489 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surf Luxury Honeymoon in June - Resort Suggestions?

As E&CinReno, suggests, I loved Qamea, and can attest for the luxurious bures, spa, beautiful beach, excellent snorkeling and diving. But, I have NO idea if there is any surfing there. I remember the bay as being quiet, and perfect for snorkeling; not surfing. There definitely were no large, rolling waves except during a storm. I would recommend emailing the resort, and see what they have to say. I recall some of the shoreline off Taveuni to be much more conducive for surfing, but not being a surfer, I could be very wrong. I have watched lots of surfers off Maui in Hawaii, and there were no waves that resemble those at Qamea.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surf Luxury Honeymoon in June - Resort Suggestions?

There's surf off Qamea Island, it's a reef break about 1 km offshore, and it's for experienced surfers.

Maqai Beach Eco Resort is also on Qamea Island and it's a surf resort - here's some pics of the surf

http://maqaibeach.blogspot.com/

The Tui Tai cruise is one I'd love to do and I'm sure it will be fantastic!

Sounds like a wonderful honeymoon.

LTB

Edited: 07 May 2011, 08:03
4. Re: Surf Luxury Honeymoon in June - Resort Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 April 2012, 12:35
5. Re: Surf Luxury Honeymoon in June - Resort Suggestions?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 April 2012, 12:40
Edited: 07 April 2012, 12:40
6. Re: Surf Luxury Honeymoon in June - Resort Suggestions?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 April 2012, 12:35
Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Surf Luxury Honeymoon in June - Resort Suggestions?

Hi, I have no idea on their star rating or whether the surf is the type you're looking for but I've read the reviews and some have been from so called "surfing widows" (not a great term sorry, considering we're discussing your honeymoon) who seemed to love their time there so maybe look up Tavarua Island.

Have a great honeymoon where ever you end up.

Diane.

8. Re: Surf Luxury Honeymoon in June - Resort Suggestions?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2013, 10:17