We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonaisali Resort to the bigger hotels in Denarau

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Sonaisali Resort to the bigger hotels in Denarau

Hello,

Looking to stay at Sonaisali Resort for 3 nights, lots of mixed reviews!! Is it possible to walk from there ( I realise there is a smal boat trip across to the mainland) to the bigger hotels in Denarau and the Marina. Would prefer to have the choice of other restaurants around that are within walking distance? We don't mind walking.

Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sonaisali Resort to the bigger hotels in Denarau

Sonaisali is located about a 45 min drive from Denarau, so no, you won't be able to walk.

Nola ;)

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,108 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sonaisali Resort to the bigger hotels in Denarau

Looks like Denarau is your best bet for a variety of places to eat. Sonaisal is on its own.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sonaisali Resort to the bigger hotels in Denarau

Thanks everybody

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sonaisali Resort to the bigger hotels in Denarau

Sonaisali does have a range of eating options including the sunset restaurant, island poolside grill and also Plantation fine dining restaurant or you can order bar food from the bar areas. As mentioned walking is not an option to Denarau. I choose Sonaisali as is gives you an island feel and had direct access to the mainland 24/7 so you can go sightseeing and shopping. Sonaisali is a lot less paced compared to Denarau and i find it is more relaxing! If you would like any more info please ask! Sonaisali is my fav in fact im going back in a few months time for my 6th trip!

5. Re: Sonaisali Resort to the bigger hotels in Denarau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2012, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Fiji