Dear Fiji experts,
I am currently planning the last details of my honeymoon in October 2011. We are a couple (30 and 32 years years old) from The Netherlands.
We both are quite seasoned travellers, over the past years we have travelled to South-Africa, Thailand, Laos, Hong Kong, Brazil, Indonesia, UAE, some Carribean Islands, the USA, Egypt and most of Europe together.
In October 2011 we will first visit Australia, flying to Sydney.
We will spend approx. 2,5 weeks travelling the South Coast and then fly on to Nadi, Fiji to join a 4 night "Northern Yasawa Island Cruise" (Captian Cook Cruises).
So far for our plans, we have six (6) more nights left to spend on the Fiji Islands and we are desperate for some expert advice on this matter!
Since not that many people from The Netherlands travel to Fiji it proves to be somewhat difficult to get some 'first hand' advice.
What we would like for our last 'stop':
- great addition to our cruise around the Northern Yasawa Islands;
- 4 to 5 * hotel / resort (since it is our honeymoon)
- maximum 'medium' sized hotel / resort
- some Fiji style / feel to the resort's accomodation & grounds
- great food / friendly service
- white sandy beach / clear blue waters for snorkling (we do'nt dive)
- Opportunity to see some more of Fiji's stunning nature (jungle / waterfalls / wildlife / culture) on daytrips
- preferrably 'a good deal' on the price (maximum 300 AUD a night) since this already turns out to be a very costly trip travelling from The Netherlands :-)
Who is so kind to help us out and give us some pointers?
Thanks a lot in advance,
Paul & Linda
The NetherlandsEdited: 15 June 2011, 09:35