We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Fiji Beginners Question

Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
440 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Another Fiji Beginners Question

I am a Starwood member, but the only resorts they have are in Denarau Island South (?) and from what I have read, the outer, smaller islands are where to be. Are there NO good beaches around these resorts? We like to have some quiet during the day, with some modest nightlife at night. Not club hopping, but happy hour type stuff. Would it make sense to use our points and stay at one of these resorts and go to the outer islands as day trips or is that time and cost prohibitive. We will most likely be there about 6-7 days in September 2012. Thanks for your help.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Fiji Beginners Question

There are no good beaches on Denarau. The closest on the mainland would be Natadola, which is about 35mins away.

Days trips to the islands would be an option, but what you save with your points you could be using on day trips.

I personally would stay on an island.

Nola ;)

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Fiji Beginners Question

go to an island- you'll love it

Pacific Harbour...
Level Contributor
345 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Fiji Beginners Question

I always stay at the Westin and then go to the Islands. You don't experience the real Fiji unless you go. I prefer Castaway for the nearest one...It has great food and bures...hiking...swimming and beautiful beaches. The staff is so friendly and fun.. If you stay over on a wednesday you will experience the Fijian culture night with traditional food and dance.

VALLENTUNA
Level Contributor
74 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Fiji Beginners Question

I have visited Fiji, Tonga and Vanuatu and most of all I liked Vanuatu.

5. Re: Another Fiji Beginners Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 00:17