We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New AP Schedule for 2012

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
243 reviews
Save Topic
New AP Schedule for 2012

airpacific.com/About-Us/News/Article-ID/61da…

Flying out of Sydney 6.30am & depart Nadi 6.30pm. OK if you live in Sydney but no good for making connecting flights so will have to stay with VP. :(

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New AP Schedule for 2012

Not good for you Tez.

We always fly with Pacfic Blue as they have the best schedule. No need to stay in Nadi pre or post. Means we can get to Mana quicker!!

Nola ;)

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New AP Schedule for 2012

Thanks for the article- I like the 6.30am departure

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
750 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New AP Schedule for 2012

Ohhhh....sorry this doesnt help you Tez. Although all in all it does give more choice of flights!

However I must say I am a bit excited by this, I would much prefer to fly AP for service, we are actually going over with AP this time and back on the 6pm Virgin flight.

Our TA said that AP were not too keen on paying the overnight fees at Sydney airport but looks like this may have changed.

We are quite fortunate also as we live about 20 minutes from the airport, in the past we have been home within an hour of landing!

Australia
Level Contributor
610 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New AP Schedule for 2012

Now all Air Pacific need to do is update their aging 747 out of Sydney. There are constant mechanical breakdowns with this aircraft. It is one I no longer choose to fly on.

The lastest reviews on Seatguru are

embarrassing for the airline. But I guess while the airline is running at huge losses this won't be happening for a while now.

We were looking for flights to the US for Xmas time and AP are under half the price of Qantas, VA, Delta, United....you have to think why!!!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New AP Schedule for 2012

That is really good news for those of us in Sydney.

-another HUGE plus is no peak hour traffic either way to & from the airport!

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New AP Schedule for 2012

REad the article luclen and you will be pleasantly surprised! Replacing fleet also........

I would MUCH prefer to fly AP but that 9am departure really just ruins your holiday. 6.30pm will be good but for us the whole new schedule just means an overnight in Sydney instead of Nadi. I know where I'd rather be so we'll just stick with VP. Had a TERRIBLE flight back with them last time. Only advantage is because of the smaller plane, baggage & customs queues are shorter when you arrive :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
750 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New AP Schedule for 2012

Ahhh...we live and learn. Price comes into it!

Hated the wait upon arrive in Nadi customs on AP as the plane is so big, plus hated getting up soooooo early to get on the 9am AP plane back! Especially when you stay down on the Coral Coast.

Loved returning on the AP plane (2 years ago) that left at 6.30pm from Nadi! Had a shocking flight back with VP in January - sick daughter and no help from staff for ages!!! Were adamant give her a blanket, water, ice etc.

LOVED - going on V Australia and getting upgraded to Premium Economy, 8.10am departure from Sydney!

Next trip AP there and then VP back @ 6pm after returning from the Island.

Australia
Level Contributor
610 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New AP Schedule for 2012

We LOVED VA too! We flew premium economy for not much more and the plane was brand new, great staff, great food, what a fantastic flying experience.... Until they axed the route!!

We have had great trips with Pacific Blue since, but also need to overnight in Sydney either side as we live in regional NSW.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
750 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New AP Schedule for 2012

Luclen, maybe we need a TA petition to get VA back on the Sydney-Nadi route!

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
735 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New AP Schedule for 2012

Unlike some other passengers we found VA the worst flight in and out of Fiji we have ever been on we were down the back of the plane in economy and I now know why it is referred to as cattle class as that is exactly how we were treated we have always found Pacific Blue(Virgin) to be an excellent airline but on that flight and on our recent trip to Samoa found that the standards have slipped considerably, so now that Air Pacific has got better flight times (the main reason we stopped using them) and the prices are competitive with the other airlines we will go back to them for next year’s Fiji holiday

Dave

Edited: 16 July 2011, 04:13