We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plantation or Warwick Resort??

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Plantation or Warwick Resort??

Bula! fellow travelers..

A married girlfriend and I (both in our 30's) are making a last minute getaway for only 5 nights to Fiji for the first time at the end of this month!

Both well travelled, social but not party animals, looking for a balance of rest, relaxation, fun and exploration.

We have asked several friends and family and narrowed it down to 2 possibilities.. Coral Coast - Warwick Resort or Plantation Island?? Both within our budget All inclusive Meal packages with a $100- difference in price, Plantation being more expensive.

We need to confirm by tomorrow and have read several forums and reviews and non-the wiser!!:0

Anyone been to both?? Recommendations?? Please help.. Don't need the ritz, but need comfortable and clean!:)

HELP! Confused:0

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plantation or Warwick Resort??

We have been to both and honestly those two resorts are as different as chalk and cheese. One is on the mainland and the other is an island. Both give a very different experience.

Personally I would go for an island resort but thats hugely due to our interests.

We love great beaches, snorkelling, boat activities, gorgeous scenery, a place we can explore and somewhere we can just kick back and chill.

Personally I would much rather look at Mana Island which has all the above. The price difference is slightly higher than Plantation, but well worth it.

Maree :D

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,747 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plantation or Warwick Resort??

I too would opt for an island resort over the mainland, better beaches swimmable lagoons. Both are however very family orientated resorts and large. Plantation does have the advantage of not being a compound type of resort. You have Musket Cove resort not too far a walk away where you can eat for a change have a drink or buy snacks, ice creams etc at the 'supermarket' at the marina. Far nicer location too. Mana too is a fmily orientated resort. Have a look online at Matamanoa Island resort. They charge per room bot per person if you book direct (or they did the times we have been there) You may be able to get the newly renovated garden bures which are excellent value. Matamanoa is a child free resort and small and personal. Lots to do with lovely beaches. Also MUsket Cove lhave a good sale at the moment which could make it more affordable too, much better quality resort than Warwick or Plantation as is Matamanoa

Edited: 09 August 2011, 03:04
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plantation or Warwick Resort??

Wonderful!

Very helpful and exactly what we needed to hear:)

Haven't booked anything as yet:0

Appreciated your detailed information and definitely worth researching a little more on the Island side of things,

Thanks guys:)

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plantation or Warwick Resort??

Ok ladies.. So we are definitely heading to an island:)

Another question?Mana or Musket Cove??

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plantation or Warwick Resort??

I have only visited Musket Cove when staying at Plantation and that was a few yrs ago now. I remember the lovely grounds and it being so much more peaceful than Plantation (where we were staying).

It has a great pool, shop and bar. However it does sit on a lagoon (the same as Plantation's) and the water does tend to disappear!

Like mentioned, Mana is a family orientated resort. It has lovely grounds, great snorkelling off the beach, and wonderful beaches. However it could become busy with kids during holidays etc.

For us it would be Mana, but great snorkelling and a place for our kids is important to us.

If it isnt for you, then I would perhaps opt for MC.

Maree :D

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plantation or Warwick Resort??

Agree with others, Musket Cove on Malolo Lailai Island may suit. Plantation is a huge family resort - not my idea of a relaxing holiday

Having stayed a number of times, I highly recommend it.

The island bar is a great place to meet others from around the world, and have a casual chat with people, usually everyone is friendly.

Plenty of activities and Mandara Spa is good too. Just under an hour via the Malolo Cat from Denarau Marina.

Reviews here tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

I have 3 reviews all at different times of the year so it's good to compare! :) That's if you are interested in staying there

all the best LTB

Edited: 09 August 2011, 11:37
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,747 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Plantation or Warwick Resort??

I would go to Musket Cove. Saw a spcial advertised in the Sydney Sunday papers so would imagine it would be in the Brissy papers too re a really good special with Musket Cove think it was with MY Fiji but not sure. Was a really good saving.

Barb

8. Re: Plantation or Warwick Resort??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 18:15