We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent - Expert advice needed for my Fiji Honeymoon Trip

J K
Hong Kong, China
2 posts
Save Topic
Urgent - Expert advice needed for my Fiji Honeymoon Trip

Hi all,

I have read through many reviews and photos from TA recently and I have now left with 2 resorts which I am interested in most. If I can afford either of them, can anyone let me know which is better for my hoenymoon trip, in my eyes, here are the Pro/Cons of each resort

Vomo: Good "Rocky Bar" with nice beach, nice beaches in general, Free in Room Wifi, good food and rooms looks newer

Royal Davui: Plunge Pool (but supposed to be not heated and freezing cool, according to a member feedback), "Sandpits for Private Picnic" but looks like not accessible to others if it is occupied, Rocky Beach?

My wife-to-be and I do not dive but love White Sandy Beach and Crystal Clear Water Snorkeling alot, so which resort is better suit us?

Thanks,

JK

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent - Expert advice needed for my Fiji Honeymoon Trip

Vomo has beautiful white sandy beaches and crystal clear water. Royal Davui has smaller white sand beach is on a small rocky island and both have good snorkeling. You can get accomm. on Vomo with private pool. Similar in price think I would prefer Vomo, easier to get about, space to move!

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent - Expert advice needed for my Fiji Honeymoon Trip

Have you looked at other island resorts too?

Check Navutu Stars on Yaqeta Island, great for honeymooners. The best service.

Also Turtle Island Resort in the Yasawas, also beautiful.

Happy honeymoon planning.

LTB

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
549 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent - Expert advice needed for my Fiji Honeymoon Trip

Royal Davuii because its adults only

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent - Expert advice needed for my Fiji Honeymoon Trip

Hi JK,

Have a look at Likuliku Resort as well -- just beautiful, and has the only over-water bures in Fiji -- their beachfront bures with plunge pool and huge day bed are pretty special too ~

Food is 5 star gourmet and the resort is close to Nadi for easy transfers.

Happy Honeymoon Planning....

Julie.

Edited: 15 August 2011, 09:20
J K
Hong Kong, China
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent - Expert advice needed for my Fiji Honeymoon Trip

Hi all,

Thx for the great feedbacks.

I had spent the whole of July and look at each top resorts at TA, I did come across with Likuku and the Yasawa island/turtle island, but I have trimmed it down to Vomo and Royal Davui. So avoid getting myself into major debating again, I will only consider these 2 right now.

So again, I think the right resort for me is White Sandy Beach (not too much rocks/stones) + good snorkeling + Good Hotel Room.

Thanks so much again and hope more members who have been to either one can give me genuine feedback.

I afraid to arrived a place which is completely different to my expectation and ruin my honeymoon trip!

Best,

JK

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent - Expert advice needed for my Fiji Honeymoon Trip

JK - stop stressing now.......... I KNOW it's your honeymoon and you're anxious for it to be perfect but you are looking at 2 of the most gorgeous resorts in Fiji and either one will be beautiful and perfect if you relax and let it be. I think you've already made your decision and just want some affirmation - so go ahead and book VOMO!!!!! It will be gorgeous and you will have a wonderful honeymoon.

I guarantee that in a few years time you won't believe you made such a fuss and bother over ONE day in your life so don't stress the little things but DO enjoy the whole experience and have a wonderful time wherever you decide to stay in Fiji!

7. Re: Urgent - Expert advice needed for my Fiji Honeymoon Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 22:16