We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Octopus Resort - Island Tours

Guelph, Ontario
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Octopus Resort - Island Tours

Bula! :)

My friend and I are staying at the Octopus Resort and were wondering if anyone has done the Island hopping tours they offer? if so, how much were they, where did you go and was it worth it?

Thanks so much!!

Michelle

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,661 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Octopus Resort - Island Tours

Octopus is pretty much on its own and the only way to get from island to island is by the Yasawa Flyer. They do, when it is Manta Ray season, do trips to Manta Ray passage to see the Rays.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Octopus Resort - Island Tours

Just checked prices I got last year - but they may have altered. Island Safari (Manta Ray trip) FJ$59. Half day snorkel trip FJ$30. School visit and snorkle trip FJ$30. Have been on all these, yes, I'd go again.

Guelph, Ontario
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Octopus Resort - Island Tours

Awesome! Thank you so much!

Have either of you been to the Blue Lagoon Resort? If so, how does it compare to the Octopus Resort?

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,661 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Octopus Resort - Island Tours

To me it is like a mini Octopus not suprising as they are affiliated. Very different resort as in location and room to move. BL has nice bures but for me too close together and too many backpackers, I used to be one myself so have nothing against them but now prefer smaller more personal resorts and a bit of peace and quiet. Octopus would be preferable to me of the two. The Manta Ray season is between May and October. At BL you can do the Caves tour and visit the village think they have other trips too but you can always get 'Joes' Water Taxi to take you to other nearby islands and resorts if the resort can't do it. You are right next door to Oarsmans Bay resort too.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Octopus Resort - Island Tours

I know both very well. Octopus is very dear to me but BLBR is getting up there too... Smoother water at BLBR due to shelter from other islands. The villas, while certainly closer together than at Octopus, are becoming more 'private' as the gardens grow between. As for the backpackers - cater for around the same number at both, but when I have been there a number of those in the dorm and nearby Lodge rooms were older people who opted to take that accommodation when villas were not available. Certainly not a party place.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Octopus Resort - Island Tours

South Sea Cruises offer the Seaspray - a days sailing adventure, which seems to stop at lots of islands. http://www.ssc.com.fj/seaspray.aspx

It says it picks up from Likuliku - which I think is Octopus - or it is near - I am not sure.

But it looks good - a bit expensive though AUD$126 plus a FD$10 fuel charge.

7. Re: Octopus Resort - Island Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 September 2011, 00:22
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,335 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Octopus Resort - Island Tours

Sorry to say the Seaspray tour does not go to Octopus. Likuliku and Octopus are not the same or close to each other. The resorts are on different islands. Likuliku is on Malolo in the Mamanucas, and Octopus on Waya in the Yasawas.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Octopus Resort - Island Tours

oh thanks for that - I just looked at the maps again and can see they are not near each other - and I had been thinking we would go on the south sea cruise from Octopus.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,335 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Octopus Resort - Island Tours

You're welcome maccanai. Hope you aren't too disappointed about not being able to take the Seaspray tour. It appears there are lots of things to keep you occupied at Octopus. Am sure you will have a wonderful time at Octopus.