We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November clothing

San Diego...
Level Contributor
219 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
November clothing

We are going to Fiji for 10 days in November. It's been ages since we've been to the So Pacific and it was always Feb or March, very hot and humid. The rule of thumb was - if it had sleeves it was too hot to wear. Is Nov. in Fiji like that? We will be on Beqa island off of Suva and then on Kadavu. I know there are no guarantees, but any thoughts/experience on this one? Many thanks.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November clothing

Hi TravelMom002,

Suva area is the 'wet/rainy side of Fiji' - the Western side (Nadi etc.) is the dry side. It will be Fiji's start of summer in November. I have been to Suva many times (all different months) and really only needed an umbrella once or twice. But there is more chance of getting rain in Suva areas that the others. Travelling to any Islands off the 'mainland' 'should' be drier.

Yes, it will be hot and humid - and the most suitable clothing is COTTON of course. This tends to be cool and will breathe - Nylon or part there of, I find uncomfortable and sticky to the skin.

Look up : http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/fiji/suva

for detailed forecasts over next 2 weeks. Right now it is 29deg and scattered clouds !

Another good website is ........

http://www.holidaycheck.com/climate-wetter_Kadavu+Island-ebene_oid-id_28928.html

Cheers Flicarose

San Diego...
Level Contributor
219 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November clothing

Good info, thanks so much!

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November clothing

Hey travelmom002 be prepared for a hot time with the weather in November i will be in Fiji ishortly and not leaving till November and i have been watching the weather for a while now. You are looking at appx 30degress each day with a real feel of 35degress or higher i have been looking at the weather sites and they also say there is a lot of rain periods about. Hoping the weather gets better than that when i arrive! You will need very light clothing and perhaps just a light wrap or cardi if it is colder or a breeze in the evenings.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November clothing

One of the website i use for the 2 week weather outlook is accuweather.com/en-us/…forecast2.aspx

you can take a look at this one also!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
219 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November clothing

Thanks for the link Blue. As long as it's not snowing I'm a happy girl. A kayak trip in the rain beats a commute in the snow anyday!

I'll pack very lightweight, breathable clothes, thanks to the good advice here. I"ll have a hoodie for the plane, as well as a light rain jacket along. Sounds like I'll be great.

It's almost Bon Voyage to you my friend. Are you so excited you could burst?! Have safe and wonderful travels.

-Brenda

6. Re: November clothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 20:18