We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kit homes on Koro

Nambour, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Kit homes on Koro

Hello, is there anyone out there who has built a kit home on Koro Island. Would love to know how happy you are with it and the whole building process in Fiji. My husband and I are looking at land there and houses and trying to decide what would be the better option. Any feedback would be appreciated....cheers Jan

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,591 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kit homes on Koro

Check government regulations before you even make a purchase of land it can be a long slow process. If you are buying into an already approved estate it can be easier as most of the regulatory work has been done by the developer.

Nambour, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kit homes on Koro

Thanks heaps, it will be in an already approved estate. Cheers Jan

Nambour, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kit homes on Koro

cheers and thanks Jan

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,591 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kit homes on Koro

Sounds wonderful, we have considered buying land and building in Fiji too but where is the hardest decision. We love the islands but the areas we like have no freehold land availalble so guess we will have to be satisfied with visiting as often as possible.

Nambour, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kit homes on Koro

have you been to Koro Island?

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kit homes on Koro

Suggest you send a private message to oceanrunningirl, a DE on this forum as she maybe able to give you some good advice.

Good Luck ~

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kit homes on Koro

That's a good suggestion of BaySydney's to PM oceanrunningirl.

We've also looked at land, but not on Koro, just be aware there is probably very little infrastructure on the island, access could be a problem, and you'd need to build a cyclone proof house up there.

You may even need solar electricity or a generator for power. I must add I've never been there, and I don't even know if the so called 'resort" on the island is still open.

Have you been there Jan? If so perhaps you could let us know about the island as there's no reviews or much info at all on TA.

LTB

8. Re: Kit homes on Koro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2012, 04:16