We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i am choosing fiji stopover or Cairns, australia

toronto
Level Contributor
147 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
i am choosing fiji stopover or Cairns, australia

I am trying to keep my budget in order and am either flying direct LAX to Brisbane (with a side trip to Cairns) or fiji stopover.

we are travelling with our 7 year old and either option will snorkel and lounge around.

Can someone give some pointers/opinions

thanks

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i am choosing fiji stopover or Cairns, australia

Would help, if you could give a little more information. How long do you plan to stop over in Fiji? What is your approximate budget?

Edited: 12 February 2012, 21:44
toronto
Level Contributor
147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: i am choosing fiji stopover or Cairns, australia

4 to 5 nights

200 night for accomodations

toronto
Level Contributor
147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i am choosing fiji stopover or Cairns, australia

200 us dollars per night

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: i am choosing fiji stopover or Cairns, australia

Have a look at the websites Mana and Treasure Island Resorts. Navini is also worth a look, but a little more expensive. Prices for all resorts are in FD.

Hope this helps.

toronto
Level Contributor
147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: i am choosing fiji stopover or Cairns, australia

thanks i will check them out

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: i am choosing fiji stopover or Cairns, australia

Navini won't fit budget, would be worth extra if you can afford it. Maybe First Landing resort on the mainland, nice resort with island feel on the waterfront.

Lovely pool, great food and can do day trips from there to the islands or on the mianland. Cairns itself no if you decide this option head to Port Douglas or Palm Cove for lovely beaches, neither too far from Cairns but would not stay in Cairns.

7. Re: i am choosing fiji stopover or Cairns, australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:37