We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Pacific at it again

Blue Mountains
Level Contributor
99 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Air Pacific at it again

Just been notified my flight FJ0915 on the 8th March has been re-scheduled to depart at 1350hrs instead of 1830pm. Have had to search for alternative transfer from Mana and was left with only the water taxi, there are 6 adults and 6 kids with 2 2year olds the youngest. Now praying for smooth seas for the trip.

I would suggest others keep ckecking their flights so you have time to manage any transfers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
750 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Pacific at it again

That is no good to hear, not much warning either! Fingers crossed for smooth sailing!

Dandenong, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Pacific at it again

Gosh thats a worry. l booked through qantas months back and they put me in direct flight Air Pacific. lm still waiting for my e-ticket to come through -after two phone calls]

Still waiting!! And lm meant to fly out on march 10. lm rather concerned.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Pacific at it again

Have they told you why aged65 ?

and mebeingme - guess you are flying out from Melbourne ? been a few problems in the last couple of months with that flight too.

LTB

Blue Mountains
Level Contributor
99 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Pacific at it again

No, sydney. something about flight from the states. Will dig deeper in the morning

Sydney
Level Contributor
426 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Pacific at it again

Our flight departing 5 March to Sydney has also changed from 18:30 to 13:40. Our travel agent phoned us a couple of days ago and said that Air Pacific had made changes to a lot of their flights. I'm not sure why they cancelled our flight, when I asked the agent he said luckly they didn't put you on the 9am flight. We are staying at Denarau so we don't have to worry about connecting tansfers from an island, but we will have to depart the hotel around 10am :(

Blue Mountains
Level Contributor
99 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Pacific at it again

Have heard back from AP through my travel agent and they have offered to pay for overnight accomodation and to travel the next day. Work commitments don't allow us that luxury.

Springwood...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Pacific at it again

We just returned from Plantation last week & had 2 return flights to Syd, cancelled with AP. The first flight was booked before we left, it was Mon 20th Feb at 18:30. It was cancelled, so we stayed an extra night and booked for Tues 21st at 18:30. All was confirmed, we turned up at Nadi airport at 16:00, only to see that our flight was cancelled again!! We were put in a hotel for the night & booked on the Wed 9:00 flight. Thankfully, it went ahead :) When I spoke to AP before our first cancelled flight, they said that AP are no longer doing Mon night flights, returning to Sydney. They seem abit unreliable atm & Id be nervous to go with them again.

I hope you dont have the same probs as we had :)

Dandenong, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Pacific at it again

Gee, its a worry....my brother just returned from Fiji..and had 3 cancellations...l leave next week and l have direct flight from Melbourne. My flight is 2.30Am so l wont be impressed at that hour if its cancelled. lve been told to be at the airport 3hours before flight and l have an hours drive on top of that beforehand just to get to airport

Springwood...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Pacific at it again

We were also told to be at airport 3 hrs before flight but I told the AP staff at airport after our 2nd cancelled flight, that 3 hrs is lots of time & she said that we could be there 2 hrs before :) We were staying directly across from the airport, plus our 4yr old had a high fever, just as we got to the airport for our 2nd flight, so we wanted to be able to rest abit more with 3 children, and not be sitting around at the airport for too long.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,591 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Pacific at it again

Mebeingme

Do you have access to the internet? If you have your booking number you should be able to print off your ticket at the Qantas site if you have the booking number through the my bookings link. Otherwise call Qantas again and ask to speak to a supervisor.