We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will I need pants and a jumper in May

Melbourne, Australia
13 posts
Save Topic
Will I need pants and a jumper in May

We are staying at Blue Lagoon Resort on the Yasawa Islands and also at Mana Island Resort for at the start May this year. Just wondering will I need to pack pants and a jumper? Or will I be okay with shorts and singlets / tshirts? Is It humid at this time of year? Also, does it get cold at night?

Any help would be much apprecaited.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will I need pants and a jumper in May

No don't take any jumpers you won't need them at all.

We come from Queensland and have been to Fiji in May a couple of times now, including the Yasawas in late May early June and have never needed warm clothes. As you are from Melbourne, don't bother as days will still be hot around 29c and nights no lower than 20c. Just take casual summer clothes.

enjoy your holiday LTB

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will I need pants and a jumper in May

You would not need a jumper in my opinion at any time of the year in Fiji. For the ladies perhaps a very light wrap or cardi for the evening's if their is a cool breeze. As for pants shorts and skirts would be fine unless you are thinking of fine dining anywhere and need dress pants. Casual is the way to go!

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will I need pants and a jumper in May

We travel to Fiji in May most years and have never needed a jumper. Just a light jacket for evening if they become a bit fresh. Weather still warm up to 28°C during the day and around 20is at night. You may need something warm for when you are on the plane and arriving home, it will be pretty cool in Melbourne in May. There winter is like our summer with cooler nights. The Yasawa Islands are beautiful and I'm sure you will have a great holiday.We are off this May too and hoping for sunshiine....

Edited: 16 March 2012, 22:32
Melbourne, Australia
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Will I need pants and a jumper in May

Thank you so much for the replies

5. Re: Will I need pants and a jumper in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 05:41