We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fabulous Fiji Holiday - the locals need the visitors back!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Fabulous Fiji Holiday - the locals need the visitors back!

Just returned yesterday from 8 days in Fiji - 5 wonderful days at Botaira Beach Resort (will write a review) with family and friends for my sister's wedding and 1 night before and 2 nights after at Denarau. We are so glad we went after a few stressful days in the lead up with not knowing whether we were going or not, especially not helped by misleading information in media in Aust. I agree with many other posts that Denarau is operating as normal and is suffering from massive numbers of cancellations so don't hesitate to go if that is your destination. The Yasawas were absolutely fine - maybe the ocean a little cloudy on the first day so we couldn't see the tropical fish and coral as clearly and we had some rain on one night. The Fijian people were so welcoming and happy for us to be there to share their paradise.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fabulous Fiji Holiday - the locals need the visitors back!

Glad you had a great Fiji holiday --- Botaira is a lovely little resort -- best snorkelling I've experienced so far in Fiji ~

Will look forward to your review, especially as it was for a wedding :-)

Photos too please ??

Julie.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
751 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fabulous Fiji Holiday - the locals need the visitors back!

Hi Angela, we have just returned from 7 days at Outrigger and I agree with the locals needing the visitors back! We are so glad we did not cancel our holiday!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fabulous Fiji Holiday - the locals need the visitors back!

ChelleL - Good to hear that your holiday at The Outrigger was so good and agree that the need for the tourisim $$$ back asap would help....

We leave on 30/4 for 11 nights and hope to give back as much as we can ~

Julie

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,196 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fabulous Fiji Holiday - the locals need the visitors back!

Glad you enjoyed Botaira Angela it is such a special place we go back in 2 weeks for our 12th visit there and can't wait. Looking forward to reading your review.

5. Re: Fabulous Fiji Holiday - the locals need the visitors back!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:17