We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Way to leave luggage/dive equipment in Nadi in storage?

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Way to leave luggage/dive equipment in Nadi in storage?

We'll be going to Fiji at the end of May. After a week on the Nai'a diving our hearts out, we'll be going to Qamea for about a week to relax. We plan to snorkel but not do any more diving once we get to Qamea. (A week of nothing but eatling, sleeping, and diving is plenty for us!) What is the best option for leaving our dive equipment in a secured location? I've seen posts stating that there are lockers in the domestic terminal at Nadi. Are these large enough for luggage? Are they secure? Any advice would be appreciated as there's no sense lugging what we don't need all the way to Qamea and back.

Thanks!

eureka
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Way to leave luggage/dive equipment in Nadi in storage?

eerickso: There is a secure place to leave your things,not lockers but a room,I think it was like 2.00 a bag,we used it will we were waiting for our flight out to go into town to have diner and shopping,it is watched by a person,we had no problems with the service..........just my thoughts Rod

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Way to leave luggage/dive equipment in Nadi in storage?

Thanks, Rod. Is this someplace where you could leave a bag for the better part of a week? Thanks for the info.

eureka
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Way to leave luggage/dive equipment in Nadi in storage?

yes it is............this is what they told me anyways.its right by the the little cafe..ask when you get in....have a great time....wish we were going back....Rod

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Way to leave luggage/dive equipment in Nadi in storage?

Thanks, Rod! Sounds good.

I'm definitely ready for vacation. It's been waaaaay too long!

eureka
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Way to leave luggage/dive equipment in Nadi in storage?

I hear that....you'll love qamea....they have really great diving off of qamea also if you want...great relaxation also :)....Rod

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Way to leave luggage/dive equipment in Nadi in storage?

Thanks, Rod. Although we say we will have had our fill of diving after the week on the Nai'a, you never know ... ;-) We may have to squeeze a couple more dives in. And Qamea sounds like an absolutely wonderful place. Can't wait!

London
Level Contributor
270 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Way to leave luggage/dive equipment in Nadi in storage?

There is a secure left-luggage room right over in the corner of the domestic end of the terminal. I found the ladies in there very helpful, lots of luggage was stored there. I think it was 4 Fiji dollars a day per item.

Also - don't forget you have a very low luggage allowance on the flight over to Taveuni to get to Qamea. I think it is 15kg per person on Sun Air and 20kg on Air Fiji. I had to juggle a lot of stuff so that I put as much weight as possible in my carry-on bag.

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Way to leave luggage/dive equipment in Nadi in storage?

Thanks for the info. Even if we leave some stuff behind, I'm expecting to have to pay an overweight penalty as my camera alone is 20 pounds (camera, underwater housing, and strobe; not counting any lenses). I've just come to accept it as part of the cost of the trip. :-) Unfortunately, dive equipment and camera gear isn't lightweight. And even if I leave some of my dive gear in Nadi, I know I'll want to keep my computers with me just in case.

Sounds like the storage option for some stuff is there, though. Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
270 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Way to leave luggage/dive equipment in Nadi in storage?

eerickso

I am surprised you are not going to dive the rainbow reef form Qamea - a worldclass dive site ?

You may be able to get your heavy cakera on the plane as a carry-on. My carry-on bag weighed 8 or 9 kg, much the same in pounds.

Apart from the Bouma falls and the long beach walk on Taveuni, my highlight was the Sunday service (9am or 11am) at the lovely old Catholic church/cathedral at Waiyevo down near the ferry dock. Beautiful setting - fronted by a big rugby pitch. The congration sat on the linoleum floor, the a capella singing was very moving. Well worth the 20km taxi trip down to join the service. Unmatchable. Except for their other religion - I watched a day's 7-a-side rugby competition between island villages. Fast and furious, great skills as Fiji are de facto world champions at the game.

I hope you have a great time. I certainly did - and I am already planning my return trip !

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Way to leave luggage/dive equipment in Nadi in storage?

Thanks for all the info. It sounds absolutely wonderful. We may have to do a few dives off Qamea after all. Many times we get our fill on the liveaboard portion of the trip, but you never know ... It's probably best to take our dive equipment with us and just leave our dirty clothes in Nadi. ;-)