We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stock up on water prior to Yasawa transfer

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
405 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stock up on water prior to Yasawa transfer

Hi,

We drink a lot of water and the forum advisors have suggested buying water before going to Botaira. I would rather boil and chill the rain water because I hate the plastic waste, but apparently there is no option for this.

We want to carry as much as possible for family leaving Denarau to botaira on the Yasawa flyer.

We will be staying at the Raffles pre-post.

Botaira have organised the transfers from Nadi to wharf early in the morning.

Where should we buy the water? Will we have time at the wharf, or should we get it from Raffles?

Given that we don't mind just buying it at the resort if the cost is not too prohibitive, what really is the difference in price we would save anyway? maybe it would save the hassle just purchasing from the resort??

Your thoughts are appreciated!

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stock up on water prior to Yasawa transfer

If you want to take water, you can buy it at Yee's minimart at Denarau Marina, or next door at the Newsagent (we find newsagent cheaper) Both are near check in for the YF. Take an extra carry bag with you to take it as hand luggage.

enjoy your holiday LTB

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,653 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stock up on water prior to Yasawa transfer

I have private emailed you without success but have a look on the forum under Travel to and within the Yasawas I have replied to your email to me there.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
405 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stock up on water prior to Yasawa transfer

Oh thats a shame, thanks for the link and info

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
405 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stock up on water prior to Yasawa transfer

sorry i couldn't find the "travel to" !!! Can you please cut/paste the link or try message again (:

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stock up on water prior to Yasawa transfer

Hi 41mum,

Barb has replied under the topic "Travelling to and within the Yasawas" as she's having trouble sending Private Messages at the moment....

I've sent you a PM as well.

Julie.

Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to stock up on water prior to Yasawa transfer

There is a tap behind the Yasawa check in counter.

But you will need to go to Bunnings and buy a tap connector and hose.

Cheers

Level Contributor
94 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to stock up on water prior to Yasawa transfer

Bear in mind that some of the boat transfers have limits on the luggage they will carry per person. Look into that before you stock up in case they will have trouble transporting it for you.

8. Re: Best place to stock up on water prior to Yasawa transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 14:16