We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trasnfers via South Sea Cruises - cheaper to book in Fiji?

Sydney Australia
10 posts
Save Topic
Trasnfers via South Sea Cruises - cheaper to book in Fiji?

Hi - we are travelling to Amanuca Island from Denaru. I have looked at the website for South Sea Cruises and was surprised the transfers were as expensive as they are listed. It will be about $200 AUD.

Are there other options for this trip, or would it be any cheaper if I wait till we arrive then book it once we are there? We are considering a helicopter transfer back as we are going straight to the airport, but have plenty of time on the way over as we have 6 days in Denaru first. Thanks

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trasnfers via South Sea Cruises - cheaper to book in Fiji?

Prices on the web are quoted in the currency of your country. I've just looked and a single fare to Amanuca is quoted at NZ$108. What do they quote in AU dollars? In the past I found with the Yasawa Flyer (same company) that we paid the same number of dollars in NZ currency if prebooking, as the price was in FJ$ if paying at the marina. (i.e. paying NZ108 at home, then finding FJ108 was the cost there). I have no way of knowing if that is still their practice, but if it is you would have a saving by not prebooking before you leave home, given the exchange rate. You should book once you arrive in Fiji (phone call should do it) - any time during your 6 days in Denarau.

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trasnfers via South Sea Cruises - cheaper to book in Fiji?

I would imagine that the only saving you might make would be a fluctuation in the exchange rate. I suggest you e-mail South Seas Cruises on www.ssc.com.fj and ask them their price in Fijian dollars and compare this with their rate on their web site. Also bear in mind that if you book at some resorts you might have to pay a credit card surcharge of 3%

Edited: 02 June 2012, 03:37
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,610 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trasnfers via South Sea Cruises - cheaper to book in Fiji?

If you book and pay online with a credit card you get a better exchange rate, there is the bank change but we have found we are still better off as the bank rate is better than what we can buy Fiji money. We used to book online and pay at the Marina in Fiji dollars but they wouldn't allow us to do this last trip.

4. Re: Trasnfers via South Sea Cruises - cheaper to book in Fiji?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 19:17