We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday for large family

Armidale, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
holiday for large family

Blended families - A dad with 4 kids ranging from 9-16 and Mum with 1 daughter aged 8 wanting to treat the kids and ourselves to a much needed holiday. Ideally somewhere offering reasonable rates and accommodation to suit our unique group. We would like some authenticity/ culture and heaps for the kids to do. Planning to go in October this year. Any suggestions?

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday for large family

Personally I would head to one of the islands in the Mananuca group.

My first pick would be Mana Island and my 2nd pick would be Plantation Island if Im considering budget. .

Both are rather large family resorts on big islands.

Both have kids clubs, a great range of accommodation to suit all budgets, plenty of activities with free non-motorised activities. More than one place to dine and both have meal plans.

Mana has the edge for me and is slightly more up-market. It has nicer beaches IMO than Plantation with good snorkelling straight off the beach.

I hope that helps.

Maree :)

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday for large family

There are various holiday houses that are rented out on the island of Malolo Lailai (where Musket Cove and Plantation resorts are located - along with Lomani which is adults only). It's a large island, not too far from Nadi with different restaurants and swimming pools and water sports (including snorkling trips) that you can purchase a weekly card to take part in). You could try this link for starters, although I tried to book the last week of October and another Trip Advisor bet me to it - gotta be quick lol!

http://www.afijiholiday.com/

Try Musket Cove for more info on the other houses, they co-ordinate the rentals and organize cleaners etc for the rental properties.

Armidale, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday for large family

Thanks. I will certainly look into it. I really appreciate your advice.

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
369 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday for large family

If budget isn't as much of a concern have a look at the Family Bure at Malolo Resort or Family Bure at Castaway resort.

More upmarket if that's what your after

Kat

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,977 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday for large family

Would prefer Mana over Plantation. Castaway would be perfect but may be too expensive you would all have a wonderful time.

6. Re: holiday for large family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 05:15