We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Nadi to Suva

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel from Nadi to Suva

Hi

We need to travel from Nadi to Suva, return. Wondering if we would be best to fly or hire a car with a driver. Would appreciate recommendations and also any details on hire cars with drivers that we may be able to contact.

There will be 3 adults and one 22 month old child.

Thanks!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Nadi to Suva

We have always hired a car - that way you can stop whenever you want for views, shopping, refreshments. The roads are not great, sealed highway but not in good repair, and local drivers often not up to Western standards, but the speed limit is 80kph and much lower through villages - you pass through many on the way. If you take is slowly and enjoy the experience, watching out for pedestrians and wandering stock on the way, you should cope fine.

If you fly - the Nausori (Suva) airport is around 30 minute drive from Suva city, so you still have to get taxi or bus from there.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Nadi to Suva

Thanks. I wondered about that. How long would it take to drive? 4 hours? Are the roads signposted well?

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Nadi to Suva

4 hours would allow lots of time. No signposts necessary - only one road! but you will see white stone signposts every so often indication how many kilometres to go.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Nadi to Suva

Great, thanks. Sounds like a nice way to explore along the way.

Nadi, Fiji
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Nadi to Suva

Bookings are easy suggest you check out www.coralsunexpress.com for twice daily express coach transfers for www.airportshuttlefiji.com for private cars. Enjoy the ride!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Nadi to Suva

How much is car hire approximately?

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Nadi to Suva

We hired a car for a week, which was great as gave us the opportunity to explore the Coral Coast and make our way to Suva. From memory I think it was about $400 for 7 days with unlimited km's.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Nadi to Suva

Ah, we'd only need it to get to Suva from the Airport :) I assume the longer you hire the cheaper it is.

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Nadi to Suva

If you Google car rental in Fiji you will see the various firms who hire cars and their rates.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel from Nadi to Suva

Thank you :) We're now looking at a bus instead, don't think my partner's nerves are up to driving after a long flight!