We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Outriggers Fiji on the Coral Coast close to Ancorage Fiji

Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is Outriggers Fiji on the Coral Coast close to Ancorage Fiji

I'm going to a wedding at Outriggers but didn't want to stay there as I have found a cheap package at Ancorage Fiji. Does anyone know if these two places are near each other?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Outriggers Fiji on the Coral Coast close to Ancorage Fiji

Well they are not very close, Anchorage is about 10-15 minutes out of Nadi towards Lautoka whereas Outrigger is over an hour the other side of Nadi towards Suva.

If you are looking a cheaper accommodation close to Outrigger look at Bedarrra Beach Inn, it is within walking distance to the back entrance to Outrigger and has really good reviews (check them out here). They have a very good restaurant a lot cheaper than Outrigger in fact a lot of guests from Outrigger eat there. There are also 2 or 3 other restaurants on Sunset Strip where Bedarra is.

Also on Sunset strip is the New Crows Nest Resort which isn't New but has been refurbished.

Hideway Resort which also sometimes have deals vouchers (or look at travelonline.com.au) is about 15 minutes taxi ride from Outrigger again towards Suva. A bit more expensive than Bedarra but more of a resort.

Hope this helps

Mari

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,918 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Outriggers Fiji on the Coral Coast close to Ancorage Fiji

A long way from each other. I too would go to Crows Nest of Bedarra Inn.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,973 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Outriggers Fiji on the Coral Coast close to Ancorage Fiji

I would choose Bedarra Beach Inn (a stone's throw down the hill from Outrigger) I have stayed here before and is faultless as regards accommodation, food, ambience, staff etc. There are 'other eating options' also within walking distance from Bedarra. I had posted a review of Bedarra on TA couple of years ago. Anchorage Resort is many miiles/hours away from Outrigger - you would have to set aside at least half of a day to get from one to the other. Private Message me if you require more information. Flicarose

4. Re: Is Outriggers Fiji on the Coral Coast close to Ancorage Fiji

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2013, 10:15