We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from Auckland to Fiji

houston
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
Save Topic
Flight from Auckland to Fiji

Hi There,

Can someone pls advise let me know how long will be the flight from Auckland(New zealand) to Fiji??...Which airline will be a cheaper option?..Is June first week will be the good month travel to Fiji?.

Thanks!

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight from Auckland to Fiji

2 hours 38 minutes. Cant help you with the best airline June is a good time to go.

Edited: 26 September 2012, 04:20
nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight from Auckland to Fiji

Hi

June is a good time to fly from NZ because it is not school holidays so fares should be more competitive.

I always fly AirNZ so can't comment on other prices. But if you keep an eye on this AirNZ link you'll see specials coming up from time to time for internet bookings.

airnewzealand.co.nz/special-deals-pacific-is…

It's too early for any specials for next June but still worth keeping an eye out to get an idea of general prices so you can pounce if specials come up which are often only open for a few days.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight from Auckland to Fiji

Air Pacific offer a direct flight from Auckland to Suva on Mondays and Fridays if you are planning on holidaying closer to the eastern side of Viti Levu.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight from Auckland to Fiji

Hi Bind23,

The flight from Auckland to NADI takes 3hours and 5minutes exactly (I've done it 36 times at least!) This is for an Airbus or a 737 or 737 extended series. Business class available only on 737's I remember.

Air NZ flies from Auckland to Nadi, Christchurch-Nadi (but not all year round & takes longer) Wellington-Nadi (only at certain times of the year) Air Pacific (Auckland-Nadi, Christchurch-Nadi) (certain times of the year & takes longer), and Air Pacific also flies Auckland to Suva (Nasouri Airport). I find Air NZ tends to be a little cheaper with several different grades of 'seat charges' (i.e. depending on luggage weight, meals required etc.) But look for the specials.

Look up www.airnewzealand.co.nz or www.airnewzealand.com (for a USA site) Air NZ can be booked UP to 11 months ahead. Cheers Flicarose

nz
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight from Auckland to Fiji

Hmmm

AirNZ shows the AKL/NAD flight schedules as being 3 hours exactly, but they are sometimes faster. Return flights 3 or 3.10 depending on aircraft. Winds can make a big difference to flight times so a flight time can never be exact.

Air NZ has not flown 737s to Fiji for a long time, at least not from Auckland. The Airbus 320 does not have business class, but the 767 and 777 planes do. All 3 operate on the AKL/NAD sector on different days.

The link I gave will show the "Seats to Suit" fares with the varying inclusions.

houston
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight from Auckland to Fiji

Thanks for all ur response...Just and appox idea how much can be the tkt?..WE're 4 people travelling...Does it make any difference in fare if I travel from Christchurch to fiji instead of Auckland?..Which one should I choose between Suva or Nadi?

Thanks!

nz
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight from Auckland to Fiji

I can't see any reason to fly to Suva rather than Nadi unless you are going to that city or somewhere very near. Just about all international flights go to Nadi.

You'll be able to look at fares on this link and, as I said before, look on the other link for specials from time to time. Again you'll be able to check the flights from Christchurch as well. I would guess that the fare would be greater from there (further south) and I'm sure there wouldn't be as many flights as from Auckland.

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/

houston
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight from Auckland to Fiji

Thanks Nzlilibet!!!Actually this is my very first time no I don't know nothing at all...That's why I was asking where should I go...Now I know we'll go for Nadi...

We'll go first Auckland, fly to Queenstown

Then Milford

Then Aoraki/Mt Cook

Then Tasman glacier

Then Christchurch

After this I don't know should we go to Fiji from Christchrch or come back from Christch to Auckland and take flight from there to Fiji?...

Thanks a lot everyone!!

nz
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight from Auckland to Fiji

Hi again

Being an Aucklander, I am totally ignorant about flights from Christchurch. So just took a quick look at flights from Christchurch to Nadi and it looks as though there are very few direct flights. Most seem to go to Auckland or Wellington to catch the international flight. And I think that in the case of Auckland it would mean changing from the domestic to the international terminal.

When you've got an idea of when this trip would be suggest you have a look at the flight schedules using this link.

airnewzealand.co.nz/schedules/headeritd.aspx…

Hopefully someone from Christchurch may have more idea. But I know I quite often read complaints about the cost of domestic flights to connect with international flights from Auckland. So it may even work out cheaper to get a cheap flight from Christchurch and then, if you're lucky, a discounted fare to Nadi. But the cheaper fares to Nadi would normally be booked in advance, not at the last minute.

This is the link to cheap domestic fares which change by the day and date.

http://grabaseat.co.nz/

I think I've confused myself here, so I'm sure I've confused you even more. LOL

10. Re: Flight from Auckland to Fiji

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Fiji