We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dennaru island for the weekend

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Dennaru island for the weekend

Hi everyone

I'm Going for work for the weekend, so will have limited time, any suggestions on MUST See? And shopping? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dennaru island for the weekend

Hi KikiDaz,

I guess if you have to work you wont have time for any day trips?

Other than that, theres not a lot to see on Denarau, its mostly a lot of large resorts, a Golf course & the Marina.

Definitely have a look at The Marina, it has lots of Restaurants & enough shops to amuse you for an hour or 2. Shopping wise, its mostly touristy stuff, & not really any great bargains to be had. Its a nice spot to just & have a drink & watch the boats coming & going .

If you have time you could take The Bula Bus, & hop on & off at the various resorts for a look around-its about $7.50 for an all day pass, & it also stops off at The Marina.

Hope this helps

Anni

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dennaru island for the weekend

Thanks Anni,

I'm not sure how much spare time maybe sneak a few hours away but that's great I go thank you!

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dennaru island for the weekend

Bula Kikidaz

I agree with Anni not a lot to do on Denarau and a visit to the marina is about it, If you have enough time you can take the local bus into Nadi it picks up at Denarau and goes to the local villages picking up and dropping off on its way to town a good cheap way to see life in Fiji away from the resorts.

The one thing I recommend that you must do is take some time to relax by the pool with a cocktail and enjoy Fiji time

Dave

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dennaru island for the weekend

Thanks Dave...

Sounds like that's a great plan. Was kind of hoping a bit of shopping to be had for the kids.. But all good

Thanks again

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dennaru island for the weekend

Bula KikiDaz

Fiji isn't a big shopping destination most off the resorts on Denarau have a small shopping area where you can by things for the kids we have found that the shops at the Sheraton had the best range and the best prices.the marina also has several shops where you will be able to pickup a few gifts for the kids and not have to s[end to much time away from the pool and that cocktail spoil yourself and forget about the kids for a while we all deserve a bit of Fiji time occasionally

Dave

6. Re: Dennaru island for the weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 10:15