We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nudies

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Nudies

My fiance and I are seriously looking at getting married in Fiji and two of our guests are into nude sunbaking and swimming. So we were wondering if there is a place where they can do that at all. I realise that it's generally a no-no but could there possibly be a nudity tolerant resort, beach or island tucked away somewhere that they could visit for a day?

They are polite and considerate and would be mortified if they offended the locals, so I think they're willing to put up with some inconvenience to access a fairly isolated place.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nudies

It would be very difficult to find anywhere in Fiji that would tolerate it.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,378 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nudies

Nudity is illegal in Fiji, and very offensive to the Fijian people. Don't know of a resort that would allow it. The only option would be, if the resort you are staying at offered a private picnic to an island/beach where they will be dropped off and picked up later with no other people there.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nudies

As above. Nudity is illegal and considered a criminal offence in Fiji (ie indecent exposure).

About the only way around it, would be if you had a plunge pool or outdoor shower at the resort you are staying at.

That said, getting nude in Fiji is a REALLY bad idea anyway, because the sun can burn you in next to no time, and you do not want to get bad sunburn on your bum!

Whilst you could do a "cheeky nude" in the waters if in deep enough, because the water is pretty clear around most areas of Fiji, it doesn't really work :D

4. Re: Nudies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2013, 09:16