We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Cruises from Denarau

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Day Cruises from Denarau

Have been reading through the forums (love this site!), just started looking into Day Cruises leaving from Denaurau(eg South Sea Cruises)

Anyone want to recommend their fav? We will have a mix of people (4 adults, one toddler) - so a cruise to one of the resorts could be good - where there are facilites (eg food, bars and pools) and where there is good snorkelling straight from the beach?

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,000 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Cruises from Denarau

Treasure, Mana or Castaway will all fit the bill.

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Cruises from Denarau

Are these resort visits better than doing a tour to the private islands I thought these resorts were packed up with people staying at their resort?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
296 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Cruises from Denarau

Try and book onto the Castaway day trip as early as you can, as they only allow a limited number of daily visitors. It is the best, but a little dearer(you pay for what you get). Stay away from Captain Cook, South Seas, Whale Tale etc. Factory day tours for factory resorts and Denaurau guests, accepting the cheap and nasty. Boring little private islands, that take ten mins to walk around. Dead coral, murky water, and mass produced Buffet lunch.

Castaway is the go.

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Cruises from Denarau

Are you saying to take the day cruise to Castaway with South Sea Cruises or is their someone else that does this as you said do not use South Sea.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,000 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Cruises from Denarau

You have to go with SSC to Castaway. The suggestions we made were in response to your OP

<<so a cruise to one of the resorts could be good - where there are facilites (eg food, bars and pools) and where there is good snorkelling straight from the beach?>>

Have you changed your criteria now?

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Cruises from Denarau

This does sound like what we want should we reserve online since we only have one day that we want to do this . My one question is does anyone know what happens if you pay and weather is bad do they refund your money?

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,000 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Cruises from Denarau

See the booking terms & conditions here:

http://www.ssc.com.fj/conditions.aspx

you will find they are fairly strictly adhered to.

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Cruises from Denarau

Thanks again not sure if I should book ahead online as we are going to be there mid Nov.

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Day Cruises from Denarau

Just wondering how long it takes to get to Castaway (from Denarau)? - going by the website the tour is 9hrs total and you get 5hrs on the island. I guess that means its a couple of hrs to get there...just weighing up my option since I will be travelling with a 3yo

Thanks everyone for your reponses!

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day Cruises from Denarau

I thought it said it takes 45 min. But you are right about your calculations so I am wondering the length of the boat trip also