We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR-Longer than I thought

Victoria
Level Contributor
524 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
JBR-Longer than I thought

We purchased a Deals.Com voucher for The Pearl in Pacific Harbour and have just returned.

I did a bit of research and we were aware of the 2 1/2 hour trip and factored this into our flights.

We arrived in Fiji at 3.40 pm, checked through customs, no problems, even taking some tinned tuna, chips, etc.

We had a private transfer included which was great, we stopped on the way and picked up some beer, and streched our legs.

On arrival at the Pearl (about 8pm) our room was changed to accomodate our 17yr old, no problems, we had dinner and they came to advise our room number and our luggage was already there.

The Pearl is great resort.

The room we had was clean and big enough for the three of us. It was a garden room view room, close to the gym (the son loved it) and 2 mins to the beach. The beds were very comfortable, so where the pillows (thats our opinion) clean sheets, and a coverlet (spare blankets in the wardrobe - not that we needed them)

We chose not to change our linen every day (dont do it at home)

however they cleaned the room, and it was wonderful.

We ate at the resort 4 times , Curry night (our first night) a Seafood night,, Lovo and Meke the show is one you dont want to miss, it was great fun. and one night from the main menu. They were all great quality.

Happy our is great too, its a lovely setting, by the river, looking out to the beach, with the lovely Fijian singers good value.

The staff at the Pearl are amazing, they remember your name!! Thats an art!

The other nights we ate at the Arts Village a 15 min walk or a $2.50 cab ride. We ate twice at the Bakka Blues, and once at the Oasis Cafe. We love both places, but they are very different. Must say Bakka Blues was the fave, great steak and ribs.

That is one of the pluses, you dont have to eat at the resort every night. The Arts Village also has a supermarket, and it has most things you will need, snacks etc, there are also shops and money exchange.

I had 2 massages at the resort, and they were wonderful. My hubby and son had 2 at the Arts Village and they were wonderful too.

Hubby and son played 2 games of golf (tried for a third but the rain won) and enjoyed the experience.

We didnt do any trips this time, we just enjoyed our surroundings and relaxed.

That leaves the door open for another trip!!

We have stayed in Fiji previousely at the Coral Coast, and have always had a great time, this time has been even better, as we we were not locked in to eating at just one place, and it seemed a little less touristy (if thats a word)

Dont be put off because of the travel time.

If you read this to the end... shout yourself your fav... Fiji Gold? Bitter?Export?Premium?or a cuppa!!!

Thanks for reading.

Vinaka

Deb

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR-Longer than I thought

Good review and nice to hear you had a great time.

The Pearl is a pretty popular place these days. Be sure to review them on Tripadvisors main page here:

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g308269-d312…

Also I'll have a Vonu for reading till the end of it :)

Vinaka!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR-Longer than I thought

Wasn't too long at all Deb -- nice to hear you had a lovely holiday.

PS I'll have a glass of Sav Blanc ^^

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR-Longer than I thought

Glad you had a great holiday, you should post a review in that section of this site so more people can read it.

Victoria
Level Contributor
524 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR-Longer than I thought

Thanks everyone,

I have posted a review of the hotel and the places we ate at.

The should be up in a few days.

Thanks again

Deb

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
277 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR-Longer than I thought

Vonu and only Vonu for me.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JBR-Longer than I thought

Great report Ozzy, lots of good info. Its always nice to know when internet deals turn out to be good value & live up to expectations.

Anni

Victoria
Level Contributor
524 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JBR-Longer than I thought

The Deal was great, hope they do it again!!

I wouldn't hesitate.

Deb

8. Re: JBR-Longer than I thought

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2013, 10:16