We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkeling

california
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
snorkeling

What are the best Mamanuca islands for snorkeling?

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkeling

Mana, Amanuca, Treasure and Castaway all have really good snorkelling straight off the beach.

Navini (not to be confused with the Naviti on the Coral Coast) gets really good ravs too.

Im sure others will jump in with a few other suggestions.

Maree :D

california
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkeling

Hey thanks. We were also hoping for adult oriented not family. I know Castaway is family friendly. How are the other islands?

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snorkeling

All of the above mentioned are family friendly. Kids are welcome at Navini but it seems the majority who stay are adult from what I understand.

You could look at Tokoriki or Matamonoa, both of which are adult only.

california
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snorkeling

Thanks so much. Will look at them all!

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snorkeling

Here is a link I was going to put up earlier for you before I got side-tracked by the phone... :(

It has most if not all of the resorts in the Mamanucas. Even though its all in Aussie dollars, it will at least give you a good description of each resort.

travelonline.com/fiji/…

Good luck and happy researching!

Edited: 21 November 2012, 00:01
california
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: snorkeling

Awesome!!! Thanks so much.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,814 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: snorkeling

Kids are fine at Navini, read the recent reviews. We have taken grand kids there and they were never bored. Matamanoa has great snorkeling and my favorite after Navini but no kids. Castaway would be next. Amanuca has a very pretty reef but not large. Mana and Treasure similar but I prefer the other much more.

Edited: 21 November 2012, 01:38
Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
278 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: snorkeling

If able, try the jet ski safari through Adrenalin Fiji that leaves from Sofitel that goes out for a snorkel at Beachcomber .

Pricey, but a whole lot a fun!

9. Re: snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 01:16