We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much money do you need for 7 days for food and snacks,an

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
How much money do you need for 7 days for food and snacks,an

Help need some advise on how much money to take to Fiji, for three of us.We are traveling from England to Nadi, end of Aug 2013. And will be staying at Bedarra Beach Inn hotel.

Also is it best to change our money to Fijian dollars here in England?

Our price included breakfast at the hotel.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much money do you need for 7 days for food and snacks,an

Hi Eve - I can only tell you in $Australian - we usually take around $500/wk but that will also include some for souvenirs & taxis. Once in the resort, we tend to just book everything up to our room & pay with credit card on checkout. That could be as much as $1000 including daytrips, spa treatments etc. You can easily change money at the arrivals hall at the airport or get some before you leave. Best rate will be on your card.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much money do you need for 7 days for food and snacks,an

Hi Tez 823, thank you so much for your comments. you see were not sure how much they charge out there for food in the restaurants.

And sorry but I don't know your dollars to our pounds.Thank you so much for your information, helps a lot.

Can't wait to go...I'm going for my 50th and my daughters 21st.But were on a tight budget.

I'm sure we'll have a great time!!!!

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much money do you need for 7 days for food and snacks,an

Sorry - didn't realise you wanted to include your meals, If you want to budget for all your meals, drinks and possibly some activities - allow at LEAST 100 pound per day. I'd say if you have around 1500 pound spending money each - you will have an excellent time and won't have to worry about scrimping.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much money do you need for 7 days for food and snacks,an

Thanks tez for your help; much appreciated:)

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much money do you need for 7 days for food and snacks,an

You might consider bringing some snacks, crackers, candy, cookies, chips, etc. in your checked luggage. We also take instant coffee. Be sure to declare any food items you take with you.

The following link has prohibited foods items.

www.fijiembassydc.com/default.asp…

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How much money do you need for 7 days for food and snacks,an

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

Birmingham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: How much money do you need for 7 days for food and snacks,an

I'm going to fiji for 3 nights I have my hotel booked in nadi, I'm not 100% sure how much I would need for just a short stay,from what I've read people are saying u won't need to much and some of saying you do please could some one help me out on this one .

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much money do you need for 7 days for food and snacks,an

Just a couple of little tricks that I have learnt through the people here on Trip Advisor.

1. Work out you accommodation add 10% and have that available on you credit card;

2. Transfers - work out any transfers to and from Airport, Hotel and like and have that on the credit card;

3. Meals - work out what you would spend in your currency say for us on Oz - $20.00 for Brekky,

$30,00 for Lunch and $60.00 for Dinner. When you convert your money to FJD you will get a nice

surprise.

We usually go for at least 7 days but for that period I allow at least and extra $3,000.00 on the Credit Card and take $1,200.00 in FJD and I always over cater but that is just me.

My wife and I are not into buying snacks and the like so we don't have to worry about paying for things like that.

Hope this helps.

Baz

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much money do you need for 7 days for food and snacks,an

I use the credit card as much as possible (or a debit card that way no fees) you can book tours at most hotels using your card at lot of the bigger shops take cards too.

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
735 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much money do you need for 7 days for food and snacks,an

Bula Eve

Go to the Bedarra web site http://www.bedarrafiji.com/ click on cuisine you can look at the menus for breakfast ,lunch and dinner as well as the prices in Fijian and Australian dollars that will give you an idea of what you will needd for meals anything you book with the resort can be added to your room and you pay when you leave one of the good things about Bedarra is that there are several other restaurants and bars within walking distance. my wife and i normally take around 200AUD --120GBP a day spending money any money we have left over we pay of our bill at the end of your stay just keeping a small amount to spent at the airport

Dave

Edited: 19 November 2013, 00:08