We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a resort for a wedding holiday

Orange
3 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a resort for a wedding holiday

I'm looking for a relaxed resort for a wedding.

There are going to be a total of 20 guests with some small children.

Something that includes breakfast and isn't overly expensive.

Crusoe's Resort has the style of wedding but pricing is a bit much.

Have only been to Fiji on a cruise so open to any locations.

Anyone know of any good resorts?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a resort for a wedding holiday

suggest look at Musket Cove Resort, what time of the year do you have in mind ? Gloria is the wedding coordinator there.

Orange
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a resort for a wedding holiday

December or January.

That resort is out of the price range for a family.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a resort for a wedding holiday

Suggest Mana Island Resort & Spa - Chapel, beach or any other place on the Island suitable for a wedding. Large Island, three beaches, great Kids Club, 2 pools, many choices of food. 'Your day' can be customised to what you want. December/January is a very popular Fiji destination - so prices increased for Xmas/New Year periods (in most resorts). For starters look up their website www.manfiji.com for an overview.

A boutique resort to consider would be Bedarra Beach Inn on the Coral Coast - nice accommodation (breakfasts can be included), very nice food (with options of eating nearby) pool, but no kids club (although kids are very welcome). Right on the beach, but not as crystal clear and white sandy as the Island beaches.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,979 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a resort for a wedding holiday

Don't know what you will find cheaper than Crusoes. Other cheaper resorts eg. in the Yasawa islands attract a cost for the transfers which can get expensive. You are better to try to find some where that charges per room not per person. Or maybe rent a house like The Reef house on Malolo Lailai, some guests could stay there and others at Plantation island resort nearby on the same island.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a resort for a wedding holiday

Hi Adrienne F - if you could advise some idea of your proposed nightly budget (and what you hope this should include) TA members would have a better idea of what to suggest for your special day.

Orange
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a resort for a wedding holiday

For a family of 2 adults and 2 children (17yr and 7yr) we are looking for something under $1000 for the week.

They went this January and paid $400 for a week but that hotel doesn't offer weddings.

So that makes it less then $150 a night for the family.

Crusoe is $945 for the week but it only includes breakfast.

It needs to include at least breakfast.

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a resort for a wedding holiday

I hate to disappoint you but less than $AUD150 per night including at least breakfast in Fiji would not buy you much. Bear in mind too, that you will have to buy lunches and dinners as well as drinks and transfers etc for your family of four. .

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a resort for a wedding holiday

Bula i recently got married at Musket Cove- Gloria Osborne was the best, she had everything done for me, it was just me, hubby and 2 daughters. Musket Cove is a dream island, we stayed the rest of the week on the mainland, but if we went there again would choose to stay on the islands, Vinaka

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a resort for a wedding holiday

A further suggestion - check out Tambua Sands (on Coral Coast about 1 1/2 hours drive from Nadi, smallish resort, quiet, on the beach and reasonable prices (around $160FJD p/n for garden bures). Kids under 13yrs

(I think from memory) stay free (when sharing room with parents) & eat free from kids menu.

Am interested to know of the hotel that cost $400-00 per week earlier this year!

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a resort for a wedding holiday

Another suggestion - remembering your budget! - Nadi Farmer's Club (just over main bridge into Nadi town) are now holding weddings - this venue overlooks the Nadi River (but NO crystal clear sandy beaches) Guests could stay around Martintar area (halfway between airport & Nadi town) - perhaps at Hexagon International hotel. Budget, deluxe to apartment style accommodation ranging from $77-00 per night per room. 3 pools, restaurant (but I don't eat here as a rule) Area is in the midst of many eating excellent establishments.

I have contact details (Private Message me) if you are interested in more details.