We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help plan my honeymoon

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
64 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
please help plan my honeymoon

Quite frankly I'm overwhelmed trying to figure out which island/resort to stay on for our honeymoon in August of this year. It seems like almost every hotel has major negative reviews. All we're looking for is a resort with nice rooms (well kept, private, good views, bug free), easily accessible snorkeling (neither of us is dive certified) and have the option of booking other day adventures (waterfall hikes, fishing, sailing, kayaking). Any help pointing us in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please help plan my honeymoon

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Fiji is a fabulous choice for your honeymoon.

What resorts have you looked at staying at? Regular posters maybe be able to offer insight.

Would help to offer suggestions, if you could give an estimate of your budget for accommodations. How long are you planning to stay? Do you prefer adults only resorts, opposed to one that caters to families?

There weil be negative and positives for each resort. It is impossible for them to be all things to everyone. As for bugs, mosquitos, geckos, etc., they are to be expected wherever you go. It is after all the tropics. August is outside the rainy/cyclone season, so mosquitos shouldn't be very bad. Geckos are harmless, and eat any bugs.

The outer islands have the best beaches, crystal clear blue water, and amazing snorkeling.

For starters have a look at Lomani, an adults only resort and Navini.

http://lomaniisland.com

Navini is a small island resort that allows children. All daily scheduled snorkeling, and island tours are included in the price. If you stay 7 or more nights transportation, to and from the resort is at no additional charges. Prices are in FD so do the conversion to USD.

http://www.navinifiji.com.fj

The following link has pictures of our vacation to Navini. Will give an idea of the burrs, beach, resort grounds, etc.

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-042f-1fde-de34

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
64 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please help plan my honeymoon

Thank you for the quick reply. We are trying to stay somewhere between 7-10 days and keep the entire trip including airfare, food, activities under 10k U.S. I still need to do some research to work that out to a nightly rate but I believe somewhere around 500/night would be the expected range. As far as adult only resort, it doesn't really make a big difference. I also don't want to sound picky about the bugs, I live in south Florida at the moment so as long as there isn't an infestation issue it will most likely be an improvement. :)

Both of those resorts you posted look fantastic and I will definitely be looking into them more.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please help plan my honeymoon

You have a very good budget. Personally, would recommend an adults only resort.

Matangi is our favorite resort. The 14 bures decorated in Fijian decor offer a choice of 14 burrs. Treehouse with separate bedroom, jacuzzi, outdoor shower. Beachfront, literally steps to the beach, and ocean view a litter farther back.

All meals are included in the price, but all drinks soft and hard are extra.

What we enjoyed most, was we could do as much or as little as we wanted. Every day we snorkeled off the beach. It was breathtaking. Lots of fish, giant clams, blue starfish, soft, hard, and plate coral. Can also hike around the island. Daily snorkeling tours to various reefs around the island, as well as tours to the Bouma Water Falls and the Lavena Coastal Walk on Tavueni are available. The private picnic to Horseshoe Bay is a must do. Nothing like having a great meal, drinks, on a beach all to yourself.

Have a look at the pictures of our last vacation to Matangi. Again, will give a good idea of the bures, snorkeling, pool, resort grounds, etc.

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-0439-1408-d5f4

4. Re: please help plan my honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 05:17