We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

layover time at airport on the return back to USA

San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
layover time at airport on the return back to USA

Bula!, our hotel (Octopus Resorts) will be dropping us off at the airport 6 hours before our 10 PM trip back to the USofA, any suggestions at what to do on this "down" time other than staying at airport? Any ideas big or small will be most helpful!

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: layover time at airport on the return back to USA

We were so depressed about having to go home that we just stayed there and read, snoozed, had a snack, or walked around. I am not a fan of the main island or Nadi so that was fine with us.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: layover time at airport on the return back to USA

Walk over the road from the airport to Raffles Gateway Hotel. (5 minute walk). There is a luggage storage area at the airport if you don't want to take your bags and can't check them in early. Raffles has pleasant grounds and welcome casual visitors. A good pool - they will supply towels if you feel like a swim, and a reasonable restaurant - you can eat outside in the garden if you feel like a snack.

Kilcoy, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: layover time at airport on the return back to USA

this YouTube clip will show you how close the Raffles Hotel is to the Nadi airport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEm7LxfNJxI

and this YouTube clip will show you where the Left Baggage is located at inside the Nadi Airport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D9_zoE46T4

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,309 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: layover time at airport on the return back to USA

Keep in mind Air Pacific requires a 3 hour check in before the flight to LAX. The gate closes one hour before departure.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,588 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: layover time at airport on the return back to USA

You won't be able to check in your bags until the check in counter opens usually 3 hours prior to departure once you have done that you can as suggested walk across to Raffles Gateway hotel for about 1 /12hrs. Don't leave it too long as you really should be through immigration at least 1 hour prior to your flight, there are duty free shops inside the terminal for you to browse through or have a coffee.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: layover time at airport on the return back to USA

I just did exactly this on Tuesday. My Turtle Airways flight got me to Nadi at 3:30 PM, so I was at the airport at 4 PM. Air Pacific has an early check-in counter for the LAX flight, so I was able to check the bags 6 hours before the flight. It's helpful to be able to check-in that early because you're able to get exit row seat assignments.

I'd recommend checking out the Air Pacific Tabua Lounge. If you don't have Priority Pass or another way to access the lounge for free, I believe they charge FJD 75 for entrance, but that comes with solid wifi access and unlimited food and drinks (alcoholic and non). It's also a much, much more peaceful setting to wait for your flight than what you'll find upstairs in the gate area.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
175 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: layover time at airport on the return back to USA

We just got back from Octopus a few weeks ago. We got a day room at the Tanoa Intl upon our return to Nadi.. It was approx $60 USD. We had enough time to take a swim, freshen up and relax before going to the airport. The Octopus transfer will drop you at the hotel and the hotel will take you to the airport for free.

8. Re: layover time at airport on the return back to USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 05:16