We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three day lay over in Fiji (landing/taking off from Nadi)

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Three day lay over in Fiji (landing/taking off from Nadi)

Hello all,

In July I will have a three day lay over in Fiji on my way home to Canada. I arrive at noon at Nadi on Monday, and leave at midnight on Wednesday from Nadi.

I have been reading the forum, and have found that most people do not recommend staying in Nadi. What would be some nice places to visit? My budget is quite modest (would not like to spend more than $100 a night on accommodation) but am definitely willing to pay to have interesting experiences.

Can anyone recommend some day trips, or over night trips? Any places I should definitely try to visit?

Thanks!

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three day lay over in Fiji (landing/taking off from Nadi)

With three days you are best to stay at one hotel/resort on the mainland. Not enough time to spend a night on another another island. Too much time wasted traveling.

Your budget per night is very limited. Danny's Home Stay is within you budget, includes all meals, and gets good reviews. Have a look at their website for details, and contact them for information/questions you may have. Also check out their Facebook page. Haven't stayed at the resort, so can offer no first hand information.

fijihomestays.com/homestays/dannys-village-h…

To see reviews: After reading them, try contacting posters with questions you have.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1552721-d15506…

Recommend taking plenty of sunscreen, high SP, and mosquito repellent wherever you decide to stay. They are expensive should you have to buy them in Fiji. Have a look at the following for other suggestions of what to take with you.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:…

Hope this helps.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three day lay over in Fiji (landing/taking off from Nadi)

Funky Fish has a variety of accommodations. Some are in your price range. Prices are in FD, so do the conversion rate to CD.

funkyfishresort.com/fiji_accommodation.htm

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Three day lay over in Fiji (landing/taking off from Nadi)

Thank you for the informative information!

Karli

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Three day lay over in Fiji (landing/taking off from Nadi)

You're welcome Karli. Am sure there are other resorts that may suit. Hope other posters reply with information for you.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Three day lay over in Fiji (landing/taking off from Nadi)

Hi Karli, you might want to check out this place http://www.sandalwoodfiji.com/about.html just to be clear I have never stayed here myself but wanted to point it out for your consideration since it fits within your budget, check out the reviews on here for yourself. Apparently day tours such as http://www.ssc.com.fj/seaspray.aspx pick up from here (the sea-spray tour is recommended by a lot of regulars here on TA). Could be a good option as you can self cater a bit and then do all inclusive day trips which provide lunch, drinks and snorkeling.

Hope this helps.

Diane.

6. Re: Three day lay over in Fiji (landing/taking off from Nadi)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 06:18