We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourism Fiji - New Website

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Tourism Fiji - New Website

Just launched is Tourism Fiji's new website. Be careful when selecting the url - it is exactly as below, and quite different to the usual www addresses. Invariably you will find yourself at the ......com site which is a wholesale company.

Address is: www.fijitravel

Quite informative, some 'different' resorts advertised, but no accommodation rates for resorts. If you click the link to each resort website most have rates and other information - but disappointing that many of the linked websites have not been updated recently.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourism Fiji - New Website

Just a little correction... www.fiji.travel

Well done website by Tourism Fiji, will be useful for future trips...as well as TA of course :)

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourism Fiji - New Website

Apologies - Yes, that's correct but some internet browsers will still link to www.fijitravel - (I did put the . (dot) in the url for TA) - would've been easier to have a more related url I think. But hopefully Fiji Tourism will keep their site up to date regularly. They also are connected to Facebook which is excellent.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,003 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourism Fiji - New Website

Looks pretty clumsy & missing a LOT of popular resorts......... Maybe resorts only get listed if they pay a fee - which would explain the different "levels" of listings?

Not impressive at all. Hope they didn't spend a lot of money on a website like that!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourism Fiji - New Website

Wow, just spent 20 minutes reading the dining section alone. Lots of good info there.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourism Fiji - New Website

Hopefully it's a "work in progress" because I agree with tez823 that there are a LOT of resorts missing (easy way to tell is select Adults Only and you only get 4 resorts!).

I tihnk it's been made a little too visually if I'm totally honest.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,003 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourism Fiji - New Website

Yes AnniG there is a lot of good info - just not an easy to read or locate format. You have to just scroll through & see what comes up. Needs to be better organised to be really effective and if I was an advertiser paying to be on that site, I wouldn't be impressed.

7. Re: Tourism Fiji - New Website

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 05:18