We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri-La & Radisson or Outrigger & Radisson??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Shangri-La & Radisson or Outrigger & Radisson??

Hi all

I'm taking the family on a surprise trip in July to FIJI and just wanted some first hand experience from those who have stayed at preferably both the shangri-la & the outrigger of late?? We are an average-medium class family who enjoy splashing out from time to time but expect top quality for our money when it comes to holidays.

Your replys are much appreciated any little bit of info or advise you can share would be great. Photo welcomed too.

Regards

Paul

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,043 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shangri-La & Radisson or Outrigger & Radisson??

Whilst I haven't personally stayed at either resort - I have many friends & family who LOVE ShangriLa. I don't think you can go wrong with either resort but comments from people I know who have stayed and also on the forums include:

Beach/snorkelling - better at ShangriLa

Dining options - better from Outrigger

Maybe some who have stayed at either/both can add to the discussion for you.

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shangri-La & Radisson or Outrigger & Radisson??

Have stayed at the Outrigger with our children and really enjoyed it - great service - loved the food - especially in the fine dining IVI restaurant and a real Fijian Holiday feel to the resort! Some rooms offer a Talai Butler service which is a really nice touch as well. Have also stayed at Hilton Denarau and have visited the Radisson for meals - love the Radisson and are looking at staying there for our next trip - do you have young children?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
607 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shangri-La & Radisson or Outrigger & Radisson??

We have stayed at Shangri-la, next door to Radison & stayed at Outrigger. The Outrigger was fantastic & highly recommend ! Best choice of all your selections.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shangri-La & Radisson or Outrigger & Radisson??

We did the Shangri la + Radisson combo last year. While I haven't been to the outrigger, it's probably enough to say that I'd do the outrigger + Radisson combo next time (if I wasn't going out to the islands). Shangri la is a bit old & tired and the food there was very meh...

Cardiff Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Shangri-La & Radisson or Outrigger & Radisson??

I stayed at the Shangri La in 2011 & 2012. Also stayed at the Outrigger in 2002 & 2012. They are very different resorts.

The Shangri La

Beautiful beach

Great snorkeling

Great kids club

Water sports

Shops & market stalls

Great poolside sport activities daily

Nice breakfast

Dislikes

Kids only eat free with a paying adult from 1 restaurant the lagoon terrace (buffet only & $85 per adult for tea)

Very large resort

Renovations taking place

Rooms dated

Not enough staff

Restaurant choices

Cost of fire walking & meke shows. (Show & tea only, No option for just show)

If you choose this resort, visit Geckos resort for tea & there great evening entertainment.

The Outrigger

Great kids club activities

Awesome kids eat free menu

Lovely rooms

Talai butler service

Friendly staff

Great daily activities with awesome prizes

Lovely food

Great day spa

Shops & market stalls

Option to eat out of the resort within walking distance there are 6 other restaurants.

Fire walking show

Meke shows

Lovely landscaped grounds

Local bus to Sigatoka only $1 each way

Great pool

Dislikes

Tidal beach (can only really snorkel at high tide)

No water sports except kayaks

I think you would love either resort but my pick is definitely the Outrigger

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shangri-La & Radisson or Outrigger & Radisson??

Thank you all for your most comprehensive replies.

My family & I have just returned from a Outrigger - Radisson Combo in that order. By consensus we chose to skip the Shangri La this time & its sounding like by good choice.

For a detailed review on both the Outrigger On The Lagoon & The Radisson Blu Resort, please see my personal reviews over the next few days.

again thankyou all very much. Lots of food for thought.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
607 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shangri-La & Radisson or Outrigger & Radisson??

Great to hear your news on your trip ! Thanks for the feedback. Cheers Franji

8. Re: Shangri-La & Radisson or Outrigger & Radisson??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 05:18