We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Insurance with best Medevac for Fiji

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
112 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Insurance with best Medevac for Fiji

Have booked a week away out on the islands for our family with 3 young kids and all I need to do is get travel insurance, but I am having trouble deciding on which one to get.

-I really want the best policy that includes good Medevac if a serious accident ,medical situation arises. Back to Australia almost immediately.

- and for minor Hospital issues, I want a policy that will allow MY choice of hospital ( in which case I would choose Suva Private) - not nessecarily the closest in Nadi which isnt well equipt for emergencies i have heard.

Not so concerned about Cancellation issues, but would be a bonus.

Can anyone reccomend any companies that would meet my criteria?

I have also looked into:

Travel Assist

Global rescue

Covermore

anyone used any of these either.

thanks in advance

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Insurance with best Medevac for Fiji

I know that it pays to be prepared but, with respect, I do think that you are worrying far too much about requiring medical attention in Fiji. Just take out ordinary travel insurance (I use 1 Cover), enjoy your holiday and don't worry.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
112 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Insurance with best Medevac for Fiji

Yes, thanks I know but it pays to be prepared, especially when travelling with kids.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Insurance with best Medevac for Fiji

What Island are you planning to stay on ?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
112 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Insurance with best Medevac for Fiji

We are staying on Vomo. The resort has great reviews And they seem to have great procedures regarding medical situations. However it is still in a remote location and therefor I just want to make sure I get the best travel insurance in case of an emergency, so I don't get stuck at a bad hospital if one of the kids gets ill, I want reassurance that my insurance would cover a private hospital like Suva or private medical facility or medevac home to Australia if my child were to be injured.

Australia
Level Contributor
611 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Insurance with best Medevac for Fiji

We use QBE on Qantas website......they use Omega who were absolutely brilliant when our 5 yr old became sick on Malolo and was rushed to Nadi to see a pediatrician ...

Omega was in constant contact throughout the day, their own doctors spoke to ours, offered to return us to Australia (as over Easter) etc etc and followed up with us for the following 3 days. Luckily he was fine to return to the island after 12 hours, but I have never felt so reassured.

Fiji is not somewhere you wish to get sick, and I would never take a child with any known allergies, illnesses etc but reassuring knowing there are a couple of good doctors.

Seaford Rise...
Level Contributor
132 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Insurance with best Medevac for Fiji

auspost.com.au/finance-insurance/travel-insu…

We used AUSPOST for our trip. Good rprice, and we didn't have to make a claim.

7. Re: Travel Insurance with best Medevac for Fiji

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 05:17