We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to exchange money.

Tasmania, Australia
Level Contributor
154 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
best way to exchange money.

We are arriving in Fiji Friday night this will be our first overseas holiday, just wondering if its best to exchange our aussie dollars for fjd using cash at the western union at nadi airport or to withdraw cash from the anz atm. Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
396 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to exchange money.

I would exchange cash at western union (departures has better rate than arrivals)... No fees are charged to exchange at western union, whereas ANZ atm at airport charges FJ$9 fee for each withdrawal, atm has a maximum withdrawal limit (can't remember how much, about $600ish) and your bank will probably charge you an international withdrawal fee as well... Enjoy your holiday :)

Victoria
Level Contributor
525 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to exchange money.

Depending on what is included in your stay, will depend on what you need to take in cash. We usually cash some via aus post, then use our atm if necessary. Again this depends on where your staying etc.

Have a great time, Fiji is such a wonderful place.

Deb

Tasmania, Australia
Level Contributor
154 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to exchange money.

I checked the rates at aus post but thought they were quiet low and I'd get a better rate in fiji. We are going to the yasawas then staying at bedarra on the coral coast and paying for all meals.

4. Re: best way to exchange money.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 06:19