We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week to fill

Melb
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
1 week to fill

Hi all!

So I finally made our fiji plans and off we went. We stayed at Nadi at Aquarius on The Beach for 2 nights, chilled on the beach and went to the Bula Featival which was great. Then we headed to Taveuni Island and fell in love! Stayed 4 nights at Makaira and fell in love again! Unfortunately we could only get 4 nights there so we moved to Taveuni Island Resort and Spa, quite a let down to be honest even with the 50% off IMO it's over priced for what it is. Anyway today we head to Likuliku on the Mamanuca Islands for 4 days. That was to be the end of our trip however about 3 days ago we called the airline and got an extra week in Fiji!!

So after all that info! The extra week we have is completely open and I'd love to hear any suggestions. We're not looking for 5 star as the week was an added extra so it's already busted our original budget! Any thoughts on what to do and see on Vitu Levu or other islands not too far off, we're happy to move of the mainland just don't want to spend a fortune on extra travel.

Vinaka!!

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week to fill

Try The Uprising at Pacific Harbour and go rafting on the Upper Navua River with Rivers Fiji and try out the zipline and Kula Eco Park for some adventure at the end of your trip!

Melb
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 week to fill

Thanks Tez,

I was actually just looking at Uprising reviews, what a coincidence! They seemed to be fairly mixed. Have you been there and found it good?

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 week to fill

We were there just a few weeks ago and LOVED it. My review is posted. They have a variety of bures with Commodore beachfront being the best so this can lead to mixed reviews. Food is great, beach is great, atmosphere is laid back. GREAT range of activities available from the resort. Highly recommend Rivers Fiji rafting for something COMPLETELY different.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 week to fill

The Off Road Cave tour is very worthwhile too.

Melb
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 week to fill

Thanks heaps guys, that area looks great. We're currently at Likuliku on the Mamanuca Islands and I've been asking the staff here for suggestions too. Nearly every one has said a cruise 3-5 days to different Islands. Sounds fun and I'd love to see as much as possible as its my 1st trip out of Australia.

Any one reading this been on these local cruises?

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 week to fill

Certainly - Captain Cook cruises are great or you can go "backpacker" on an Awesome Adventures trip. Might be lucky to get a spot at this late notice though........ Fiji's only a few hours away - you can always go back.........

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 week to fill

Sorry to jump in on this post but I was wondering Tez if any of the accommodation would fit 5, I'm waiting on an email from them as we are looking here for new years..

edited to say I'm talking about Uprising resort..

Thanks

Edited: 25 July 2013, 03:18
New South Wales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 week to fill

The Commodore villas are certainly large enough - would just need extra beds.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 week to fill

Thanks, still waiting on a reply from them..

10. Re: 1 week to fill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 05:16