We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are meal packages worth it?

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Are meal packages worth it?

Hi all,

Looking at booking a trip to fiji with myfiji.com. 2 adults and an infant to the outrigger in march. Just wondering if it is worth it for the meal package as in it includes$1000 fjd for wine dine and spa. A total of $ 2000fjd seems alot for my husband and I for 8 days especially when buffet breakfast is included. What did people spend on meals and is it worth getting a package or doing flights, room and food separately. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Cardiff Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Are meal packages worth it?

The My Fiji Outrigger package currently offers $1000FJ per room not per person. It is a great deal. We got a similar deal last year (instead of the Bebe spa we got a island day trip).

We have stayed at the Outrigger twice & each time we just had the buffet breakfast included. I personally wouldn't do the all inclusive at the Outrigger as the Sunset strip is a short walk along the beach. You will find restaurants like Le Cafe, Bedarra Inn, Casablanca, Kokos - just to name a few. These local restaurants offer far better prices than the resort. Plus if you do a day trip you aren't at the resort to use your lunch voucher - that's if you even feel like lunch after a buffet breakfast :)

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are meal packages worth it?

Bula ali

We have just booked our trip for next year at Hideaway resort all inclusive (meals and drinks) great deal with My Fiji, 2 nights at Raffles no meals then Wananavu with meal package also got a good deal. There isn’t many places close by Hideaway and Wananavu where you can get meals so meal package is worth it to us raffles is close enough to other options so no meal package, as stated by previous post you have many options near the Outrigger on the Sunset strip and Sigatoka

Dave

3. Re: Are meal packages worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 05:15