We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naviti Coral Coast vs Plantation Island vs Mana Island??????

2 posts
Save Topic
Naviti Coral Coast vs Plantation Island vs Mana Island??????

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some advice from people with personal experience, especially if you have been to more than one of the above.

I went with my family 8 years ago to the Naviti and loved it, the staff, the activities, the food, being linked to the Warwick and just the general feel, but now it is going to be with my wife and 4 year old and possibly extended family.

All the travel agents suggest all 3 of the locations but none of them seem to have been themselves.

So what do you guys suggest?We are looking for a nice relaxing holiday. The most we will get up to is swimming, laying in the sun,

snorkelling and possibly golf if available.

We don't need five star but don't want to stay somewhere if it is really run down.

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks.

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naviti Coral Coast vs Plantation Island vs Mana Island??????

We've stayed at The Warwick x 2, PIR x 2, Mana x 2. My order of preference, Mana, The Warwick then PIR.

Mana will give you everything you want except Golf. Great beaches, good snorkelling, watersports, good food, lovely resort overall.

PIR is extremely run down and over developed. Our 1st visit was in 2007 and we enjoyed our stay. We went again last Feb and we were VERY disappointed. Too much development and not enough maintenance on what they already have there.

I have only ever visited the Naviti when staying at the Warwick. If you like the Naviti you will love Mana. Are you aware that the Naviti had a fire almost 12mths ago where they lost their main building? I dont know how far along the new buildings are so you may want to research that a bit further if you are serious about booking there.

I would try and find a TA that has actually BEEN to any if not all of the resorts you are looking at. But seriously pass on PIR. I would only go back there if I was staying at Musket Cove which is on the same island.

Mana will have everything you need and more.

Maree :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naviti Coral Coast vs Plantation Island vs Mana Island??????

i would stay at Mana definitely- lovely beaches and safe snorkelling. The accommodation is also comfortable.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naviti Coral Coast vs Plantation Island vs Mana Island??????

Agree - Mana for sure - 3 beautiful beaches, great snorkelling, 2 pools, large island so heaps of space to explore. Wonderful kids Club also. But NO golf facilities - you won't have time for golf anyway if staying on Mana !

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,979 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naviti Coral Coast vs Plantation Island vs Mana Island??????

Mana for me too, nothing like the islands.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naviti Coral Coast vs Plantation Island vs Mana Island??????

Definately Mana. Have stayed at the Warwick (visiting the Naviti) on our 1st Fiji trip. Loved Mana last year, another good resort on the Coral Coast is The Hideaway. We spent 1 week at Mana & 1 at Hideaway.

I guess it depends how badly you want to blad golf!

6. Re: Naviti Coral Coast vs Plantation Island vs Mana Island??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 06:34