We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lactose free milk

Maryborough...
Level Contributor
199 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Lactose free milk

Hi, we are heading over in two and a half weeks to Plantation Island, Can't WAIT!!!!

Just wondering if anyone knows if we can buy lactose free milk on the mainland before we head over.

If we can't buy it over there, can we take some over from Australia? It would be uht milk.

Thanks

Kerrie

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lactose free milk

I am pretty sure that you would be able to buy it at the larger supermarkets in Nadi.Log on to http://www.mh.com.fj/index.php/contactus which is the web page for Morris Hedstroms, one of the largest food shops throughout Fiji, and send them an e-mail. lf it is not stocked then there is no problem taking it from home

Maryborough...
Level Contributor
199 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lactose free milk

Thanks for that, think we will take it from home as we know that my grandson will drink it.

I was not sure if we could take into Fiji

Thanks

Kerrie

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
383 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lactose free milk

Soy milk (uht) is sold in all large supermarkets on the mainland (mh, rb patel, newworld etc)... I'm not sure if regular uht milk is lactose free, but if it is this can be found at every supermarket as fresh milk is very hard to find in Fiji... If you want to bring your own with you, I think you will be fine as long as you declare it (refer to page 6 of frca.org.fj/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/CUSTO… )... Enjoy your holiday :)

4. Re: Lactose free milk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 06:23